chapter9

Harry's POV

What have I done? After everything my dad put me through, I didn't want anyone. Look at me know, standing in front of a girl telling her I lied about not wanting to be friends with her. Shit.

"I knew it!" She blurts through the silence. Damn it. Now look what I've done. I have her thinking I want to be friends. Hell, what if I do? As she stands there, smiling up at me, I find myself looking into her chocolate brown eyes. Our hands slightly touch and I pull away quickly, like I had been shocked. She looks away and I roll my eyes at my stupidity.

"You know I didn't mean that," I lie, trying to sound rougher than I feel. If I know one thing about her, it's that she is stubborn and gives up for nothing.

"Come on, you totally wanna be friends. So, let's go walking like we always do after class," she suggests with a smile brighter than the sun itself. I want to decline but her eyes draw me in.

"Fine," I snap rolling my eyes at her stubbornness.

She talks the entire way through the park and I can't get one word in. She's so cute but so annoying at the same time.

"Do you have an off switch?" I tease, smirking in her direction. She rolls her eyes before replying.

"Okay, since you don't want me to talk, you talk," she instructs and I laugh.

"I've been trying for the past hour," I laugh, a genuine laugh, the first one in a long time. She swats at my arm, rolling her beautiful eyes for the one-hundredth time today. I think I annoy her just as much as she does me.

We talk and laugh all day, the best day I've had in a while. I bring her back to the front of my house to sit on the bench she saw me on months ago. I rummage through the bush and find my stash of scotch. I pop open a bottle raising it to my lips. She studies me as the warm liquid travels down my throat.

"You know that stuff is bad for you, right?" She questions. I roll my eyes in response. Does she think I don't know that? I just don't give a fuck.

"What makes you think I care?" I counter. She rolls her eyes like me. We tend to roll our eyes at each other a lot.

"Why don't you just drink some with me?" I smirk. As I see her look at me in the corner of my eye.

"I don't drink, like I said it's bad for you," she snaps looking up at the stars. The moon lights up her face and I can see every feature.

"Come on, just one sip," I push, she looks at me once again in rolling her eyes. "You know you want to," I add smirking at her annoyance.

"You're so annoying," she sighs looking back at the sky.

"Says you," I scoff  joining her in looking at the sky.

"Well I have to go. I need to speak with my mother," she smiles standing up.

"Oh, come on, you were just about to try some," I tease again as she smoothes her shirt.

"Yeah, whatever," she laughs walking down the sidewalk to the other side of town.

Bella's POV

My day with Harry was surprisingly one of the best days I've had in a while. I laughed and joked, I even got him to laugh a few times.

As I walk into my house I see my mother sitting where I left her, wine in hand with David's arm snaked around her. I'm sure my mother didn't even know I've been here all day.

"Bella! Why took you so long?" She stands from the couch and approaches me for a hug. I stand still as she wraps her arms around me.

"I've been here all day, Mother, waiting on you to notice," I snap at her seeing her smile fade from her perfectly done face.

"Look Bella, I have something to tell you I've been waiting on you to get here. Sit," she motions back to the couch where David has now moved from. I oblige like I need to hear the bullshit she has to say.

"Go on," I push

"Well," she walks over putting her arm around David. "David has proposed! We are getting married!" She blurts all at once.

What the hell?

"What the hell," I blurt without thinking. I stand up storming out of my old house. I find myself back at Harry's front lawn. I see him sitting where I left him, bottle in hand.

"Bella?" He questions "What are you doing?" He adds. I'm already crying at this point. I walk over, not speaking,  grabbing the bottle from his hands. Raising it to my mouth.

I take a drink and Harry's eyes widen. It burns like hell. I think I drank it wrong.

"I think I drank it wrong," I cough, looking at Harry who's now laughing at me.

"How do you drink it wrong?" He laughs, I notice his dimple and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I continue to drink the liquid until I can't feel anymore. I look at Harry who has now taken the bottle back, drinking more.

"So, do you wanna tell me what's wrong?" He cautiously questions me.

"Please?" I smile and he smiles back at me.

I look into his dagger eyes as I rant about my mother and how selfish she is. How it's only been months since my father. He seems to be listening, seems to be.

I look up at the sky and back at his full lips, I can't help myself the blood rushing through my veins has me feeling fearless. I grab Harry by the cheeks and bring him in to kiss him. Hard. He begins to kiss me back, moving his hands around my back. Before I know it we are in a full on make out that has me wired.

Harry's POV

I continue to stare up at the sky until I notice her. She standing looking at me tears in her gorgeous eyes. A feeling of concern fills my body.

"Bella?" I question her "What are you doing?" I push. She now walks over to me, grabbing the bottle of scotch from my hands, sitting down next to me.

She tips her head back and allows the liquid to reach her tastebuds and pulls it back.

"I think I drank it wrong," she coughs looking at me.

"How do you drink it wrong?" I question laughing at her looking into her eyes. She doesn't answer instead she drinks more of my scotch.

I take the bottle back after I feel she's had enough. I continue to drink, watching her as she stares up at the moon.

"So, do you wanna tell me what's wrong?" I question softly looking at her, I can tell she has been thinking about something.

Before I know it she has locked lips with mine. I don't pull away, I just kiss her back. It doesn't feel bad as I move my hands around her back to hold her steady against me. What am I doing and why do I like it so much?