chapter32

Harry's POV

I dazed as i sat in the waiting room, my head resting on my shaking hands. Aunt Dee sat beside me and gently rubbed my upper arm.

"Harry darling," she called, catching my attention.

"hmm" i hummed in response.

"Everything is going to be alright love, i just know it," she smiles warmly.I showed her a weak smile and nodded.

i didn't have much to say, i really couldn't speak at all.

The whole facility was bogus, no one gave a shit about me or my mum. They had told me last time we were here that she would begin getting better. It was all a lie.

.....
four hours. four long torturous hours. Aunt Dee kept trying to force food down my throat but just the thought of eating was sickening.

"Mr. Styles," someone called.

I shot up quickly, my eyes meeting the doctor's. He wore a melancholy look on his face and i thought the worst.

"yes," i replied.

"Mr. Styles this is never easy for us to tell anyone," he started. no, no, no, please, anything but this.

"listen man your mum, s-she's a strong lady..." he proceeded. my eyes were clouded over, the hope i had sunken my nails into was crumbling through my dirty fingers.

"your mum, harry, she's in critical condition we're doing everything we can throughout this surgery but her body isn't responding well," he explained.

"well then why the fuck did you do the surgery?" i seethed.

"harry, the cancer would have gotten to her first if we wouldn't have done anything," he shot back.

"harry, she could still pull through the surgery but i wanted to give you a heads up," he smiled.

"yeah thanks," i scoffed. i proceeded back over to aunt Dee, taking my seat next to her again.

"what did he say?" she asked.

"a load of bullshit," i spat. i knew my mum was sick, and i knew she wasn't doing well but i didn't want to accept it.

Bella's POV

unknown: hey Bella, it's niall, just letting you know i had a great time and you looked beautiful tonight. Call me sometime.

my heart fluttered.i fell fond of niall, he was sweet and not what harry made him out to be. i quickly typed a reply.

Bella: thank you again for the wonderful night and yes i will give you a call sometime xx

I crawled into bed with a smile on my face, not knowing what this new fling with niall would bring. although i was guilty. I loved harry, and i still do but i have to move on for myself. Besides harry obviously didn't love me enough to tell me the truth about my best friend, so why should i care?

Harry's POV

"Harry, wake up," i was startled awake by my aunt.

"What? what's the matter aunt Dee?" i panicked.

"Oh, I'm sorry love," she cried, throwing her arms around my neck. i froze.

"What's wrong Aunt Dee?" i questioned.

"Harry," she sniffed, "she's gone love, I'm so sorry, she's gone," she cried, sobbing into her hands. My body fell rigid, and my hands fell from around her. i didn't want to believe what i had heard.

"No, no she's not, she can't be," i cried. i scrambled to my feet, running back to her room.

"Excuse me sir you can't be in there," a nurse called.

"fuck off," i yelled, pushing into my mum's room.

Her lifeless body lied on the hospital bed. i broke into a fit of tears.

"mum, mum please, p-please wake up," i whimpered. Crescent moon shapes began to form on the palms of my hands.

"Harry," Dr. Jones's voice called from behind me.

"Harry, you don't need to be in here," he told me, i could hardly hear him through the ringing in my ears. When he came over and clutched my shoulder trying to stand me up, rage flowed through me.

"Don't fucking touch me," i barked "this is your fault, you don't even care do you?"

"i ca-"

"oh,save it Jones," i grew angrier each second i stared at my mum with him behind me.

"Harry, you need to get out of here.Now," he ordered.

"fuck off," i bellowed. "fuck all of you,"

"Margaret call security," he called to the front desk.

"wow Jones, how cowardly of you.Call security. Let my mother die then be so cold to not even let me have a damn moment, call security i don't give a damn," i screamed the last part. He slowly left the room, leaving me with emptiness. I nearly crawled over to the bed.

"Mum, mum i love you, so damn much," i began to cry again. "i know i didn't say it enough and i know i didn't care for you like i should have. I was stupid, fucking stupid. I was so mad at my father for living the same lifestyle i have going for myself and i'm so sorry mum...Damn it mum why'd you have to go..." i was hysterical. "....you were all i had left," my voice cracked.

i stayed like this for hours it seemed like, until soon the security guard came in and practically carried me out.

I took the back way out to the parking lot.

"fuck!" i screamed as i kicked a stop sign. I dropped to my knees, clutched my chest and cried.

I went online to buy the first ticket out of England. I had no will left, no reasoning. I wanted to be shit faced or in a ditch somewhere, dead. i didn't care, why would i care anymore? I had no one, soon Aunt Dee would go back to her husband and kids in cheshire, who would i have then? My life was coming into a spiral and it could be mistaken as a storm. As soon as i was in the eye, the rest of the storm came.

(much love xx)