ch. two

I sat in my room still stressing about my history paper. All the answers I put down were reasonable.

Question One: What was one of the main causes of WWII?

My answer: WWI.

How was that wrong? World War II did come after World War I. Either my teacher hates me, or my answer is just too good to count as right.

Ivy snatched the paper from me and put it on top of my dresser. "Would you stop stressing about school on a Friday? It's giving me anxiety just looking at you freak out. It's one F. You'll get better grades. Ethan's going to tutor you; that's an easy A. He's super smart."

I looked at my hands and sighed. I nodded and got up from the bed. Ivy clapped her hands. We shared clothes all the time. She panned my closet looking for something black and sexy.

I didn't do black and sexy. I do pink and proper. Ivy and I were total opposites but exactly the same.

It was 6:51. Grayson said be there at nine, but Ivy claimed we needed to show up at ten. I texted Wesley, my boyfriend, and let him know about the party.

I didn't know how I was with Wesley. He was the party type. I've been to parties before, but I just don't enjoy them the way he and other teens do.

wes: what are you wearing to the party? 😏

me: clothes... 🙃

wes: don't do me like that Hayden. i'll mark you 👅

I know I seem like the education type, which I am, but I also had one of the hottest boyfriends ever and my hormones went crazy around him.

He was my first kiss, my first hand hold, my first actual boyfriend.

Wesley was a good boyfriend. He had a bit of a sex addiction, but I told him I wasn't ready. He respected my decision. I could tell he would get frustrated when I said no, but he never lashed out. He was a caring boy.

me: lies... you won't mark me again after my mom found my last hickey.

wes: bet. I will mark you at the party.😋

me: looks like i'm wearing a turtle neck to the party then😇

I smiled and dropped my phone as I continued to look for clothes to wear. I did have party clothes, but Ivy claimed my taste was too broad and confusing.

She wasn't wrong.

My closet contained animal print, flower print, stripes, sequins, or bleach stains. I made it work though.

I laid out a colorful, snake print top and paired it with my white shorts and white sandals. Ivy examined it and nodded.

"Ethan will love that." Ivy said.

I sighed and dropped the clothes. Ivy always teased me because I didn't find Ethan attractive. He was cute, but I didn't want him.

"I'm not dressing for Ethan." I said throwing the clothes on the bed.

Ivy flopped down in a bean bag by my bed and sighed. "Wesley's going, huh?" She huffed.