ch. six

Ethan came over this morning to tutor me. He was a lot smarter than what the eye conveys.

I tried my best to pay attention, but I couldn't. I kept thinking about Wesley and my dad. Wesley never liked my dad and my dad the same. They hated each other from the moment they locked eyes.

Ethan knocked me out of my thoughts and sighed. "What's wrong?"

I looked at him confused. His hazel eyes told me to tell him the truth. I obeyed.

"Wesley..." I covered my face and huffed.

Ethan sighed, again. "Hayden, fuck him. You can do so much better than Wesley."

I looked at Ethan. "You think so?"

He nodded and squeezed my thigh. I felt tingles shoot through my body. His touch was so gentle.

"Of course. You're pretty, you're smart; any guy would be lucky to have you." He smiled. I smiled back turning red. Ethan noticed. "Hayden Morrison? Are you blushing?"

I hid my face in a nearby pillow and shook my head as a muffled 'no' slipped from my lips. My back was to Ethan, but I could feel his eyes on me. He stuck a finger in my ear, teasing me.

"Hayden was blushing. Hayden was blushing." Ethan cheered.

I laughed and continued to hide my face in the pillow. It got quiet. Then, I felt his hands slip around my waist like they did at the party. I was lifted off the couch and into the air as Ethan spun around laughing in my ear.

"Ethan!" I shouted as we almost fell into the wall.

Our laughs merged together as we laid back down on the couch back to chest. Ethan was a good spooner.

Stop, Hayden.

He kept his hands around my waist and looked at me over my shoulder. "You hungry?"

I looked at a nearby plant and thought about if I was hungry or not. I looked back at him and nodded.

He patted my back and scooped up his keys. "To McDonald's we go!"

I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my house key from upstairs. Ethan waited for me at the bottom telling me to hurry up.

I ran back down the stairs only to fall straight into Ethan's back. He didn't move. He was solid. I, on the other hand, fell to the ground with a huge thud.

Ethan turned and laughed at me as I laid on the ground with my hair sprawled all over the place. I couldn't help but laugh at Ethan's laugh. Even from the ground, he was a pure angel.

What am I talking about?

He held out a hand and helped me up. "Are," he kept laughing, "you okay?"

I nodded laughing. My ass hurt from hitting the ground, but I was emotionally okay; that's all the mattered after my slump last night.

____

Ivy rang my doorbell. I ran to the door and let her in. Before I could say hi, she was already ranting about something.

"Grayson is a fucking pig!" Ivy shouted.

I covered her mouth with my hand. "Shut the hell up!" I whisper screamed.