ch. eleven

I sat at the kitchen table watching Ethan study his book. His gaze was so intense. I enjoyed watching him read. The small indentions in his jaw when it was clenched was a total turn on. The way his hand ran through his hand when he was thinking was too cute to ignore. I just loved watching him.

"You're really cute, you know?" I blurted not knowing I said it.

Ethan looked up and poked at his molars with his tongue. "I'm cute?" I didn't reply. I sat there staring at him. Ethan smiled and laughed. "Hayden?" He said snapping in front my face.

"The steam engine was created in the 1760s to help transport important goods faster." I blurted. Ethan sat with his mouth open shocked. I was just as shocked. "Wait, what was the question?"

Ethan looked down at his book and closed it. "You said I was really cute."

"No, I didn't." I looked down at my textbook.

Ethan slid it from under my view and closed it. He sat it on his and leaned on them with his forearms.

"Yes you did." He smiled. I blushed and looked past his shoulder. Ethan laughed and nodded. "So I am cute?"

I shrugged. "You aren't ugly."

Ethan laughed and stood up from his chair. He patted my shoulder and kept walking out of the kitchen. I stood  up and followed him.

"What are you doing? I need this study time." I whined.

Ethan fell on the couch and sighed. "Taking a break."

I sighed. "No, I can't afford breaks. I need to know as much as possible before next Monday."

"We have three days." He said flipping through channels on the tv.

"Ethan." I whined.

He looked at me and sighed. "Just come cuddle with me for a while. We deserve a break. You know a lot already, anyways. You're smart."

I smiled at his comment.

He thinks I'm smart...

I gave in and sat down next to him on the couch. He grabbed my legs and flung them over his resting his left arm on my thigh. The tingles came back.

He landed on Catfish: The TV Show and scooted closer to me. My butt rested on his hip. His chin rested on my knees. I laid back on the arm of the couch and watched him as he watched the tv the same way he read his book.

Ethan was an observer.

Does he look at me like that? Does Ethan observe things about me like he does his textbook?

I smiled weakly and looked at the tv. A guy was yelling at a girl claiming that she played with his emotions as Nev and Max watched. The girl started crying and closed the door. The guy kept yelling and calling her negative things. MTV bleeped them out, but I was pretty sure I knew what he was saying.

Ethan caught my attention as he leaned closer to my pelvis area. I twitched making Ethan chuckle. I flattened my legs out and he held my legs. I felt his hair brush against the fabric of my shirt. His temple was clenching and relaxing every few seconds.

We continued to watch the tv show. Ethan looked up at me and rested his chin on my stomach. I didn't pay him attention, but I knew he was watching me.

I felt his eyes boring a hole in my face. I reached up and scratched my neck barely missing the hickey he gave me earlier. I lowered my hand and ran it through his soft hair.

"Hayden?" Ethan whispered.

I turned to look at him. "Yeah?"

His eyes were closed. "Can we take a nap?"