ch. eighteen

I sat in history waiting on the bell for lunch to ring. Mr. Frost kept quiet at his desk as we were supposed to be reading chapter twelve in our textbooks. I didn't obey. I texted Ethan, instead.

E🌹

why are you texting me?
you should be listening.

Mr. F isn't even teaching rn.
and chill out. you're not my
daddy.

we talked about this...
if you really want me to,
i can be ya daddy.😛

i'll talk to you at lunch. 🙄

I locked my phone and looked up at Mr. Frost. He was chewing on one end of his pen while grading our papers. I sighed and looked back up at the clock.

30 seconds...

I grabbed all of my stuff and laid it on my desk. I sighed to myself and looked around the room. Everyone was talking or still reading.

The bell rang and everyone rose to file out of the door. I tried my best to move out as fast as possible.

Mr. Frost called my name multiple times, but I ran. I was halfway to my locker when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Miss. Morrison?" Mr. Frost said.

I closed my eyes and turned slowly. "Hey."

"I was wondering how the study group was going?" His smile was so genuine.

How can a history teacher be so clueless?

I forced a smile on my face. "It's great."

He nodded. "Good. I knew my plan would work."

I nodded uncomfortably. I looked over his shoulder and saw Ethan arguing with Julie. I couldn't hear anything, but I already knew she started it. My mouth opened, but I didn't speak.

"Yeah. It's working. Perfectly fine with us four. Lots of learning." I pushed passed his shoulder and made my way straight for Ethan and Julie.

I was cut off halfway by Wesley.

"Please listen to me." Wesley pleaded.

I rolled my eyes and clenched onto the sides of my books. "I already let you speak a long time ago. I'm done listening to you."

He sighed. "Can you please just listen?"

I looked over at Ethan and Julie still arguing. I looked back up at Wesley. "Follow me."

He did as I commanded and followed me to Ethan and Julie. I stood beside Ethan.

"You know you still want me, Ethan." Julie snickered.

I looked at her with utter disgust. "Parking lot, right now."

I was taking charge. This was not going to go Julie's way. Nor was it going to go Wesley's way. It was going to go my way.

My way only.

They all followed me out to the parking lot. I weaved through all the cars until we reached an open area underneath a tree.