ch. thirteen

I felt a heavy arm wrap me up. The plush pillows cushioned my aching head. Small rays of sunlight barely hit my face. I blinked rapidly trying to recognize my surroundings.

The arm around my waist belonged to Ethan. Grayson and Jack slept on the ground beside the bed. I was confused as to what they were doing. My mind was blank. I had no idea what happened within the last twenty hours.

I flopped back and faced Ethan's face. He was so angelic; his lips were so full. The hair on his head was perfect. I could stare at him for hours upon hours.

Ethan was art.

I smiled to myself. Ethan likes me; I like him. We're getting closer every second. I appreciated him. Ethan was rare. He was the kind of boy that only exists in movies. The stud. The caring, intellectual stud.

His lips moved before his eyes opened. My smile grew as he stared into my eyes.

"Good morning." He whispered.

"Good morning." I whispered back.

He rubbed his thumb against my cheek. I winced in pain. Ethan jerked his hand back and frowned.

"Sorry, I didn't know that would hurt." His voice was low and raspy.

It was sexy.

I furrowed my brows. "Why did it hurt?"

He nodded. "Wesley must've hit you. I'm not really sure what happened myself. It's okay." He pulled me closer. "We're together. He's not going to hurt you anymore."

I kissed his shoulder lightly. He reeked of Scotch and grass. I didn't mind; Ethan's embrace was enough to keep me close.

"Why are Jack and Grayson in here?" I asked laughing.

Grayson was laying on his side with his hands under his head. He looked so innocent- like a child taking a nap in preschool.

Ethan shook his head and sighed. "I guess protection."

I processed what he said and nodded. I wasn't scare of Wesley anymore. He bleeds the same as I do. He breathes like I do. Wesley is just another human.

Just like me.

I don't know what triggered me to not be terrified of him anymore, but I wasn't. I slipped out of Ethan's grip and made my way onto the balcony. The sun warmed my skin instantly. I soaked it up and listened to the sound of traffic off in the distance merge with the chirps of the birds flying overhead.

I heard Jack cough. Grayson whined. They were all up now. I turned to see all three of them shirtless. Grayson stretched and Jack wiped his eyes. Ethan smirked at me.

I was locked into his body. It was captivating. Every inch of his body was amazing. His chest, his abs- it was all beautiful.

I blushed and turned back around to look at the city line. Two hands clasped around my waist. Ethan's hair fell over my shoulder as he planted slow kissed down my neck. I bit my lip.

"What are you doing, Ethan?" I whispered.

He kissed my jaw before putting his lips by my ears. "Nothing." Ethan continued to kiss on my tender skin.

I wasn't giving in to him. Not in Jack's house. I pushed back on him making him grunt.

"Sexual frustration?" I teased.

He sighed. "I just want to mark you all over. Just let me have at you, Hayden." His voice was tempting.

"So you are sexually frustrated?" I kept pushing back on him.