Chapter 1

Elena’s POV

The time was 10:12pm. My shift at Kyle’s Kafe ended at 10pm. I was on my way home. Suddenly a scream came along. It made me jump. I ran as fast as I could home. After 5 minutes of running I was home. Another scream was just let out. All of a sudden, reality hit me. The screams were coming from Highbury Park which is 10 minutes of walking from my house. I started walking up to the park.

I hid behind a thick tree that was about 2 metres away from the park. I peeked my head around the corner and saw 5 guys huddled over a body. They were laughing maniacally.

“What the hell Harry! You killed her!” I heard one of them say. I think he had short brown hair but I wasn’t sure because the only light was coming from the streetlight. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard another person speak.

“Excuse Me! But don’t get blaming just me! We all killed her!” He had a deep husky voice which I’m guessing is Harry. He was quite muscular. ‘Jeez he’s hot… I think.’ I thought. I suddenly heard a strong Irish accent say,

“Guys! Do you smell that! It smells like blood!” I immediately hid and froze where I was. My heart beat increased. My heart banged against my chest.

“Well Niall, it’s probably the dead girl here!”

“Excuse me Louis, but it isn’t from her! It’s different.” The Irish fella is Niall.Yay! I’m Irish! Wait! What am I saying?! He’s a killer!’ I thought. The guy that sounds silly is Louis. So I have 3 out of 5 people’s… I mean murderers names. Harry, Louis and Niall. Everyone took a sniff, they all moaned and Harry said, “I hear a heart beat. It’s pumping fast!” They all turned around and all I could see was their red eyes. I wanted to scream so badly. Suddenly, my phone went off. ‘Damn! I forgot to put it on silent!’ All of their heads snapped in my direction. Luckily they didn’t see me as the only light was the streetlight. They all focused back on the body again. I sighed with relief. Anyway… I took out my phone and it shown a text from my younger brother, Jeremy, saying, ‘Hey Elena. What You Up To? Haven’t seen you in about 3 years. Please answer me!’ I turned my phone on silent and put it in my pocket. I kept my eyes on the killers for about 30 seconds and decided to call the cops. I took out my phone and dialled 911. After about 10 seconds of it ringing a woman picked up and said, “Hello. What is your emergency?”

“I w-witnessed a k-killing! A killing! Please help!” I whisper-yelled down the phone.

“Okay. Calm down. What is your name?”

“My name is Elena Gilbert. Please get here fast! Track my phone using the satellite! I need the cops to be quick!” I answered.

“Okay Elena. Please just stay calm! Police are on their way to your location.” And with that I hung up. After 5 minutes of waiting for the cops I heard sirens.

“Crap! Cops! Let’s get out of here!” I heard ‘Niall’ say. I turned to look at the murderers but they were gone along with the body. A police officer came up to me and asked, “Ma’am. Are you ok? What happened?”

“Yes sir. I’m ok!” I also told him what happened. He answered with,

“Okay ma’am. You can go home now. My broth… I mean colleague officer Stefan will take you home now.”

“Thanks officer…..?” I asked.

“Oh. Sorry. I’m Officer Damon Salvatore.” He answered. On my way over to Officer Stefan I thought ‘Wow! He’s hot!’ As if he read my mind he said, “Thanks.” I blushed and he chuckled which made me blush even more. I got into the back of the police car. The ride home was awkward as we didn’t speak and the radio wasn’t on. It took 2 minutes to get to my house. Once we got there I got out of the police car and walked up to my door. I turned around and waved goodbye to Officer Stefan which I’m guessing is Officer Damon Salvatore’s brother. He drove off. I saw 5 figured shadows across the road. I shook my head with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes they were gone. I shrugged my shoulders and went inside the house.

A/N This is my first story and I really hope you like it!!!! Well probably only fans of the people in it........ There will be more characters in this. But at the moment I want to know who wants to be Elena's new bff I need:

Name:

Hair Colour:

Eye Colour:

Personality:

What super power you want:

Thanks!!!!!!!