Chapter 1

As I tripped all of my books landed on the floor. Other students laughing at me struggling to pick the books up as everyone was walking over them. 

Finally picking up the last book I make my way to my locker, as I open it I quickly dodge out of the way as the green slime squirts out of the locker and onto the floor. 

'Ha, didn't get me this time', i thought as I put my books in my locker and while closing it slipping on the slime on the floor resulting in me landing on my ass.

Everyone starts laughing hysterically as I struggle to get back up onto my feet. Some people were looking at me with pity, probably thinking if they should help me up but just carried on looking. Finally i get back onto my feet and make my way to the girls toilets.

I wish I could say that I wasn't used to this but unfortunately I was. This is my life. Elementary school wasn't that bad, middle school wasn't that good but it could have been worse but high school...this school was the worst. I went to Ivory Hills High, the school for wolves in the town of Somerset. 

This was the only school for wolves in this town as there was only one pack so transferring schools was not an option. Once I was so desperate to move I told my mother if I could transfer to a human school, an option she would never consider. So I only had one more year of this school then I could finally move and go to college.

As I walk in I quickly go towards the floor length mirror and see my cheeks flushing crimson red and turn to see my jeans covered in green slime around my butt. 

'Ugh, why', I thought as I tried to get the slime off with toilet paper. Finally all that was left was a slightly green stain that was barely noticeable. I look at my watch. 

'Fuck I'm late for Maths', I thought as I started running out of the toilets into the deserted hallway towards my class.

Out of breath, I open the door to the class with my head looking down at the floor out of embarrassment. "Sorry Sir", I say and start walking towards my desk and sitting down as quietly as possible. 

"Its okay Emma", the middle aged teacher smiled at me. 'At least the teachers weren't that mean,' I thought, trying to cheer myself up. 

The teacher started the class while I drifted into my own thoughts as usual. 'After this its lunch and then gym class and I can finally go home'. 

Through the rest of the lesson all I could hear was other students snickering about what happened earlier. 

'Geez they'll never get bored of this, will they, its not like this is the first time this happened,' I think back to last week when the slime ended up hitting me in the face. 

For the rest of the day all I could taste in my mouth was chemicals from the slime and kept sneezing the green slime out of my nose, well...i think it was the slime. 

Bleugh. I shudder from the memory.

A conversation between the popular girl Veronica Stevens and her sidekick Alice brought me back to reality. 

"Yh i'm so excited, I've been waiting for this day for years, my seventeenth birthday is tomorrow, I can finally shift to my wolf form but most of all I'll find my mate," Veronica sighs dreamily.

Listening to this sparked excitement in me, my birthday was this Friday. Only three more days and soon I could finally shift too and as for finding my mate, well I wasn't really counting on it.

Even though here in school we had been taught that this mate bond was one of strongest bonds to exist. 

This bond was automatic and no one could choose who to have a mate bond with. This bond would result in both people having an intense attraction and love towards each other.

Something which I wasn't used to, even the idea of a normal relationship seemed like a fairy tale to me so I didn't want to let my hopes up thinking of having something as special as a mate bond. 

Besides it could take years before someone would find their mate even if they are already 17. I sigh sadly and return to reality and start writing in my book knowing that deep down part of me still hoped that I would find my mate.