Chapter 22

My eyes start to drift open noticing my dark surroundings. I start feeling pain in my wrists and feeling weak.

As I inhale, I notice the smell of blood in the air. My eyes open wide and I look around and notice I am in a dungeon of some sort. The walls were made of stone bricks while the floor was pure stone with stains of dry blood covering them.

I was all alone in here.

I start to panic and try moving my arms but it's of no use. They were tied to a metal railing attached to the wall. I try for a good few minutes but it was of no use. My arms already felt numb from being in this position meaning I must have been in here for hours...or longer.

I drop my head out of energy loss and defeat.

I felt so weak. My heart was racing.

'Oh God, Matt must be so worried for me'. I wonder how long it's been since I was taken', my eyes welling up with tears. I can't even tell if it's night or day.

I try to change into my wolf form but its of no use, I'm too weak.

Suddenly I hear the sound of footsteps coming closer from outside the door and I instantly freeze up from fear.

The door opens and in steps Tristan wearing a cocky smile on his face. He closes the door behind him and walks up to me, looking down at me as he towers over my frail form.

"So how is my Emerald liking it in here", he said as he softly caresses my face with two of his fingers.

I nudge my head away from this action and look him straight in the eyes.

"You're gonna regret this", I say, pretending to be strong. He takes one look at me and laughs.

"Oh you think so eh..", he said with a chuckle. "Because the way I see it is that your mum doesnt give a fuck about you and wouldnt bother helping you", I give him a questioning look. How did know that.

"The rest of the town wouldnt help you because as far they know it, you ran away but were found by me and have happily accepted my proposal," my eyes widen as I take this in.

"As for Matt, he will try to find you, but will fail. The weaker you get, the weaker the bond gets, making it harder to find you and well...if he does find you...then I can kill him myself".

I tried to lunge at him forgetting that I'm chained to the wall. "YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!", I shout angrily. I wasn't going to let him hurt Matt.

He just looked at me in pity. "This is why love is dangerous, look where it got you, chained to a wall. You could have just accepted my proposal".

"Why would you be against whats in our nature. Its in our nature to have a bond with our mate and you're taking it away from me!?" I ask incredulously, my temper rising.

He looks at me furiously which makes me cower. "ITS NOT SPECIAL IF IT CAN BE DESTROYED IN A SECOND!! Tristan shouted, his veins bulging from his skull which frightened me and I watched him quietly as he calmed down and took a breath.

"How can it be special when the Moon Goddess can easily take your mate away from you, the person you were meant to be with", I notice sadness pass through his eyes but it went as quickly as it came.

"But that isnt to do with any of this, what I'm saying is life isnt fair, if you want something then you have to take it for yourself and I want you.... you know what I'll keep you weak enough that you can't change into your wolf but strong enough so Matt can find you so you can watch me kill your mate and then you will be all mine", he said with a snarl.

With that he left the room and banged the door shut, the sound echoing in my ears.

The tears came rushing to my eyes as my facade broke. He was going to kill Matt....