Chapter 13

I stare in shock at Veronica sprawled on the floor as my adrenaline had left my system and now I was left with a dull pain in my fist but also with a fear deep in my stomach. I could get expelled for this, then where would I go or...or Sam and Mark might beat me up like last time. I didn't know what I was thinking when I punched her. I had always wanted to do this. I've kept it bottled up within me for years but it felt so good finally letting it out. Her words repeat in my head about my father not being here and some of my previous anger returned and all fear had vanished. My dad had always been a sore subject for me. I have always wished he was here. If he was, then maybe he could have helped me stand up for myself and defend myself at school. If he was here then he would go to the pack meetings and I would feel part of the community rather than an outsider. 

I return to the present moment and see that Matt and Sam are helping Veronica up, who is clutching her bleeding nose and is glaring at me. The other students are looking at me in shock and whispering to each other while Matt and Sam are helping Veronica up. I'm tired of letting them push me around. Veronica has hurt me physically before so I don't care about hitting her. The adrenaline and anger has come back and I'm willing to let it out on anyone who comes in my way. Sam looks at me venomously and I return the look as he walks towards me with his fists clenched but I hold my ground. 

"So you think you can punch Veronica and get away with it, huh?" Sam shouts and pushes me causing me to stumble a bit. My body was pumped with adrenaline and I was ready to go. "Yeah!" I shout and push him back causing him to stumble, "What you gonna do about it?", I say glaring at him. I can feel Naya pulling me back, trying to avoid me getting into any further trouble. I can almost feel the silence in the room and see Matt's expression is pure shock. Sam's vein is throbbing in his temple and he comes forward ready to punch me and I was ready to block but Matt quickly lets go of Veronica who falls back onto the ground and he grabs Sam's arm and tries to pull him back. 

"What is going on here?" Mr Tomlinson is standing at the door, looking at us with anger evident on his face. We all freeze and look at him. My heart starts hammering in my chest. I am in deep trouble. "Emerald punched me in the face, look", Veronica gestures towards her face, "I'm bleeding cuz' of her", she cries, pointing at me. I freeze as Mr Tomlinson stares at me, waiting for me to confirm whether this was true. I nod and look down feeling slightly ashamed from his stare. I guess he hadn't expected me to act like this. I had always been the quiet shy girl, the one who would be away from the trouble rather than causing it. "Emerald, I don't know what to say, um but you will have to come with me to the principles office", I nod and look at Naya who is looking at me with a look of pity. I walk past Matt who is also looking at me with pity. Sam is glaring at me but looks visibly calmer and Veronica is still on the floor crying probably trying to make the situation look more dramatic. As I walked past Veronica I had an urge to stomp on her foot so she would stop wailing but I resisted the urge and walked past her and towards Mr Tomlinson, wondering what the consequences to this would be.

Thanks for reading guys, don't forget to comment and vote <3