Chapter 14

"I did not expect this behaviour from you Emerald," Mr Jackson, the principle says to me. We are sitting in his office with me on the other side of his desk. The window next to the desk overlooked the forest next to the school.

"Is there anything you have to say for yourself", I look sheepishly up at him and then shake my head and look back down at my hands on my lap. I felt so embarrassed.

I had never gotten into this much trouble before. Well I mean, once I had gotten a glare from a teacher but that was the worst it had ever gotten.

"Well it was your birthday recently so you must have gone through the transition so that explains your violent behaviour but still that is not an excuse", Mr Jackson shakes his head in shame.

"Your mum is also known for her....behaviour...."it sure wasn't a secret to the community about mum's drinking habits, I think embarrassed...."and I think it must make it harder you to fit it with the rest of the other kids and the community and so maybe you should start going to the weekly pack meetings and get involved with the community", Mr Jackson smiles thinking this is a wonderful idea.

I however am looking at him wide eyed as if he was crazy. "But...but only the fathers and sons go to that, no women go to those", I say, imagining the awkward scenarios of me going to these meetings.

"Yes but unfortunately you don't have a male relative to go for your family, if it wasn't for this school then you wouldn't know any of things going on this community", Mr Jackson says.

"I am still looking at him wide eyed. Matt would be at these pack meetings and considering how he is acting recently, I'm not sure whether I want to be around him more.

'Oh come on you'd still wanna be around him', a voice in my head says but I ignore it. "I'm not sure, I don't think I would be comfortable..." I say, hoping that would be a good enough reason not to go.

"It's either this or this incident goes on your permanent record, you're lucky that I'm letting you off this easy in the first place", Mr Jackson says sternly. I couldn't let this go on my permanent record, it would ruin my chance of getting into a good college.

"Okay I'll do it", I say hoping I don't regret those words.