Chapter 18

"If Matt hadn't gotten there in time, I don't know what would have happened", I say to Zara and Naya. We were all in my room on my bed. I hadn't stepped out of the house since yesterday's incident. Afterwards Matt had walked me home and told me not to worry, he had lingered for a bit like he wanted to stay but then he left. I hadn't slept the whole night.

"I never thought that an Alpha would do that while visiting another pack, like you already have a mate", Zara says, frustrated. Naya had been quiet the whole time. Naya whispers, "He wouldn't be able to hurt you again, would he? I mean our Alpha wouldn't allow that...right?", says Naya, her eyes filling with tears. "Naya, don't cry, there's no way we'd let Tristan hurt her", Zara reassures Naya. "Yeah Naya, I'm not going anywhere, don't worry", I comfort Naya. "Enough of this depressing talk, let's go out to eat", Zara says trying to brighten the situation. My phone buzzes. I reach for my phone and it was a automated message from the Alpha.

'Emergency meeting'. That was weird, I had a dreadful feeling about this. "What is it?" Naya asks concerned. "There's an emergency meeting now, I gotta go", I say getting out of bed. "What?! You can't go, what if Tristan is there", Naya says worriedly. That's true but he wouldn't hurt me in a meeting. "We saw him leave yesterday, Naya, it's fine", Zara comforts Naya. "Yeah exactly, I'll be fine and Matt will be there anyway", I say, not fully convincing myself that I'd be okay.
.
.
.

We reach the pack house and I just want to turn back. The only thing that kept me walking was the fact that Matt would be there too. Zara and Naya did not want me to walk alone so they walked me here.

"I've got a bad feeling Em, Zara says scratching her head. "Not you too Zara, Naya's already having an anxiety attack", I say laughing. Naya had been slightly panicking the whole walk. "Naya, it's going to be fine, we'll go to eat after this, okay? I say, trying to lift Naya's mood. She nods and her eyes start to water and she goes in for a hug and then Zara joins the hug. "If he comes back and hurts you then I'll rip out his balls and use them as Christmas ornaments", Zara says angrily.

I laugh, "That's what friends are for", and let go. I turn around and knock on the door. I turn around to see them still standing there. "Well bye guys", I say waving at them. "Bye", Zara and Naya say in unison and with one last look they walk away. Someone opens the door and I turn around and it's Kristine. "Hi Emerald, how are you?" She asks politely.

"Yeah I'm good, so what is this emergency meeting for?" I ask as I walk into the hallway. She shrugs her shoulders. "Oh I'm not sure, you'll have to go in and see for yourself", she smiles and leads me to the room. I open the door and see our pack members sitting on the table, with our Alpha sitting at the opposite end with Matt at his side, who looked a bit worried.

Members from the black lunar pack were also here and standing up around the table. This was weird, they all left last night. I walk forward, looking at our Alpha. "Alpha Bennet what's going..." and I stop mid sentence as my eyes land on Alpha Tristan who is sitting at the other end of the table.