Chapter 17

Hi guys I've added this song at the top and its by Marina and the diamonds called Starring Role and its always been one of my favourites. I should have added it to the earlier chapters and yh it just sorta relates to how Emerald feels about Matt and I just love the song.

We reach the clearing after 5 minutes. We had decided to walk since the party was being held near my house. There was a huge marquee with 60 people from our pack inside. Everyone looked so neat and elegant, with the men donning black suits and women wearing beautiful and elegant dresses. We make our way over towards the entrance. There was a stage at one end with a dance floor in front and about 20 round tables laid out, with 8 seats at each table. Each seat had a giant bow around it and a centrepiece on each table. It looked stunning.

Right now there was a pop song being played really loudly while some couples were dancing on the dance floor. I just wish I don't bump into..."Well look who's here", I turn around and see Sam looking at me distastefully. He then looks to Naya near me who was busy talking to Zara and his expression changes to disbelief as he assesses her appearance. His lips part as he continues to check her out and his expression changes to something else I can't pinpoint. She looks over and he immediately turns stone faced and walks away. She walks over, "What was that about?" she asks. "Oh nothing, he's just being his usual dick self", I say. 

Suddenly the music turned off, "Everyone, thanks for coming, the pack will be coming here any time soon so please show your best hospitality", the Alpha said through a mic. Matt was standing next to him. He was wearing a black suit with a grey tie, he seemed to look a bit more muscly than usual. His light brown hair was gelled back, making his square jaw stand out. Our mate bond seemed to have gotten stronger. Man I really wanted him. I just want to go on stage and take him right there. I see him looking around and his eyes land on me. He looks at me up and down and his lips part as he assesses my appearance. I give him a sultry look as he looks back up at me again. We stare at eachother for what felt like a few seconds until Zara nudged me, "They're here", she says excitedly.

I look behind me and see a bunch of cars pulling up, Ferraris, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, really flashy cars. From the Ferrari, a tall guy steps out, he was wearing a suit that was taut against his muscles. He had short dark brown hair and green eyes. He was handsome but gave an aura of danger. He looked only a few years older than me, was this the Alpha's son? Other guys stepped out of their cars with their dates and followed behind the first guy who was walking towards the stage. As he walked past us, I noticed the faint scars on his face, they maked him look more rugged and intimidating.

He looks over at me as he's walking and gives me a once over and carries on walking, it gives me a shudder. "Wow he's so hot", Zara drools over him. He goes onto the stage and shakes hand with our Alpha. "Alpha Tristan it's good to see you", Alpha Bennet said. That's the Alpha! I think incredulously. Usually Alphas were older, at least in their mid 30's. "Likewise", Alpha Tristan replies stone faced.

He looked as if he was at a meeting rather than a party. Our Alpha then turned to everyone else in the marquee as the guests settled in. "Welcome to the Ivory pack, this party has been hosted to celebrate our peace agreement and we hope you all have a lovely time", Alpha Bennet said. I notice Alpha Tristan momentarily looking at me, causing a shiver to run through me. He was a handsome man but just has a weird vibe. "So everyone please enjoy yourselves", Alpha Bennet said and then went off stage and started slow dancing with Kristine, the Luna.

"Em, the Alpha was totally eyeing you up, eh eh", Zara says, poking me with her elbows. I laugh, "Yeah um he's so not my type". I say wanting to change the conversation. "He is the Alpha though, that would be cool to be Luna straight away rather than waiting for the dad to die off", Naya says taking a bite or the sandwich she got from the buffet table. Me and Zara look at her shocked and start laughing. "Zara, I think you've been a bad influence on Naya", I say and we all start laughing. A guy from the other pack approaches us. He had long blonde hair and striking blue eyes. He was looking at Naya. "So what is your name beautiful?" He says to Naya. Naya looks at us for support and we nod encouragingly at her. "Um...Naya", she said shyly, keeping her eyes downcast.