Three: research and wolf moon

Emma's P.O.V:

After Stiles said I'm beautiful, something inside me changed. I felt like all the anger I had towards him was replaced with confusion. It leads me to the question: why do I hate him in the first place? We used to play as kids and one day he came all snappy and sarcastic towards me. I thank my personality that made me able to fight back because if that wasn't the case my life would be a burning hell.

I'm sitting on my room, just staring at my wall, which is full of posters of my favourite bands.

I've been thinking about everything that had happened lately: Scott's odd new abilities, Allison Argent, my dad not being home because of this dead body, Stiles being "nice" to me.

And though I'd never admit it out loud, the last one is the one I've been thinking about the most. It's just too stupid to be real. He's never nice to me, he hates me and that's it.

"Emma?" our maid, more like my babysitter, Jessica, knocks on my door. She's an elderly woman who's been with my family ever since I was born. She cleans the house and cooks for us; I'm not even exaggerating when I say we'd be lost without her.

She even listens to me and gives amazing advices. She's kind of my best friend, as sad as that sounds.

"Come in, Jess!"

The woman I love like a mother opens the door and stands there.

"Stiles is here to see you."

I probably heard the wrong name.

"Sorry, what?"

She chuckles, leaning into the door frame.

"Stiles is here," she repeats.

So I didn't hear the wrong name then.

"As in...Stilinski?" I ask just to make sure...

"How many 'Stiles' do you know?" she laughs. Is she mocking me?

"Like two or three, without counting Stilinski," I say sarcastically.

That's not even his real name. His first name is...um, well, I guess I forgot.

"Just tell him to come in."

Jessica takes a step back and motion towards my room with her head.

"You heard her."

Was he there the whole freaking time? !

He quickly walks into my room, giving a look at everything around him before landing his eyes on me.

"How come you know another kid named Stiles?" his usual sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes. "What are you even doing here?"

"Okay, so I went to the woods with Scott to look for his inhaler but we found Derek Hale and..."

"Whoa, wait. Derek Hale? As in the boy who made it through fire? That Derek Hale?" I stop him.

My father investigated a lot about the fire that ended with half of the Hale family members. Why would Derek want to come back to this shitty place? Doesn't it bring back bad memories?

"What?" I snap when Stiles shakes his head and smiles at himself.

"Nothing, just when I talk to Scott about these things he doesn't have any idea, that's all. But yeah, we don't know what he's doing here. He seems pretty scary, to be honest."

"Not everyone listens to their parents phone calls," I smile back, well knowing that Stiles does the same...mostly because he taught me how to do it.

"But talking about that," he gets out of his pacific trance and comes back to his hyperactive-self. "Latest call of my dad; they discovered wolf's hair on the woods. Remember Scott said he heard a wolf howling?"

"Do you think Scott is a werewolf?" I ask sarcastically. That is completely insane.

He looks at me with a serious expression.

"Lacrosse just finished like ten minutes ago, Emma. You weren't there to see Scott playing. He is freaking amazing, okay? You can't become the lacrosse star overnight and he's been weird all week, remember?"

"I don't know, Stiles. I don't even know why you are telling me all of this," I sigh in frustration.

Scott has been weird lately, but that doesn't mean he's a werewolf.

"Scott trusts you," he mumbles, "sometimes more than he trusts me. Listen, Emma; full moon is tonight, we only have like three hours to figure out what Scott really is. Will you help me or do I have to do this alone?"

I go through the possibilities. Spending time with Stiles Stilinski could be both awful and interesting. And I'd be able to figure out what the hell his problem with me is.

"Yeah, okay. Let's do your little research."

Stiles' P.O.V:

Scott is a werewolf. Scott McCall is a freaking werewolf. I can't believe we came to the point where saying that Scott -my best friend- is a werewolf, is completely acceptable.

I mean, evidence is right before our eyes: the bite, wolf's hair, super lacrosse abilities.

Does Scott know he's a werewolf? How many people are werewolves out there? There is a possibility that a whole pack is around Beacon Hills. Holy shit.

We've been trying to explain this to Scott for the past seven minutes and counting.

"Everything in my life somehow is perfect! What do you want to ruin that? Why are you even on Stiles' side?" Scott rants against Emma.

"This is not about being on anyone's side, Scott!" she fights back.

I'm proud to say I'm the reason of why she knows how to fight back.

"Stiles and I aren't friends at all, okay? But we both are your friends and we're worried about you"

Not friends at all? Not friends at all? What the hell, we spent one hour without killing each other, that counts like friends!

Okay, just kidding. We're not friends.

"You're cursed, Scott," I sigh, deciding to finally support Emma on this.

Then, something happens. Something really bad happens. Emma tries to get Scott's phone so she can cancel on Allison, because, let's be honest; she could make Scott change in less than two seconds.

Scott gets angry-like really angry-, and pushes Emma against the wall. Scott will hurt Emma!

I quickly take Scott's arm in an attempt to make him stop. He suddenly realizes what's he's doing and lets her go.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles, "I'm sorry," and with that, he's gone.

Did he believe us? We'll never know.

"Are you okay?" I ask Emma, taking her into my arms. She looks pretty shocked.

"Yeah, I'm...he tried to hurt me," she whispers and hugs me back.

She's hugging me back. This week has been really weird.

"It wasn't on purpose," I mumble, "he'd never do such a thing, Emma. It's just the full moon."

"You better go and try to stop him," she says pulling back and taking her distance again.

"You won't help me?" I beg.

I'm not sure if I can stop a supernatural teenager all by myself.

"I had enough, Stiles. I can always do research with you but I won't go werewolf hunting, sorry."

No, Emma, why.

"Okay, um...I'll better get going. Thanks for...for everything."

Once in my car I curse under my breath because I need to come out with a plan. How will I stop him? How will I take him away from Allison so he won't hurt her?

I'm in trouble. And I'm not even the supernatural one.