Twenty-five: desperation and school night

Emma's P.O.V:

"We need to close it!" I breath hard, not daring to the let the knob of the door go.

"Grab something!" Scott tells Stiles.

"What?" he answers, looking everywhere. There's nothing here we can use to lock the door.

"Anything!" Scott sounds desperate.

Stiles suddenly stands up and looks out of the little window.

"No, Stiles, what are you doing?!" I squeal when I see him opening the door.

Scott holds me as Stiles gets out picking up his tool. I see the Alpha coming from behind his jeep.

"Come back, Stiles, come back!" I scream hitting the door with my hands.

Scott has a tight grip around my waist. Stiles runs back and we can lock the door with his tool, though I'm pretty sure it isn't an obstacle for the murderer werewolf.

"Where is it?" Scott asks, letting go of me. I immediately get close to Stiles and hug the shit out of him without saying a word. We don't have time for this anyway. "Where did it go?"

With a hand around my waist and the other holding a flash (only God knows where it came from), Stiles looks out of the window and this time the parking lot seems desert.

We give a few steps back, begging for the Alpha not to come right now.

"That won't hold on, will it?" I do my best for my voice to come out firmly.

"Probably not." Stiles looks down at me.

We all stare at each other for a few seconds, to contemplate what to do next. This is probably the last time I'll see them anyway. We hear it howling and is all it takes for us to run to the nearest classroom.

This is going to be a very, very long night.

Stiles' P.O.V:

"Desk!" is the first thing Scott thinks about. He's already pushing the desk towards the door.

"Stop, stop!" Emma says. I'm proud to say we had the same idea.

"The door is not gonna keep it out," I tell Scott and I'm pretty sure I beat Emma to it. "I hate your boss!" I state.

"What?" Scott answers, confused as always.

"Deaton? The Alpha? Your boss!" Emma rolls her eyes, taking a step closer to me.

"No!" Scott defends him.

Is he serious? Deaton has always been weird anyways.

"Yes! Murderer psycho werewolf!" I support Emma on this.

"He can't be!" Scott insists. Is this really the time to discuss all of this? All I want to do is to get out of here and take Emma home, safe and sound.

"Oh, come on!" Emma fights back. "He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet throw the air? That's not convenient timing?!"

"Not him!"

Oh my God.

"He killed Derek!" Emma exclaims, her hands going to her hair and tying it in a pony tail.

"No, Derek's not dead! He can't be dead!" I can see Scott's desperation. He's the most affected in all of this.

"Blood spread out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead and we're next." I state firmly.