Forty-four: MacBook and code breaker

Stiles' P.O.V:

I don't know what she was doing with Peter or why she's covered in blood and has that horrible scratch in her arm.

All I know is that I want her safe. All I know is that Lydia is in danger. We're driving away, with Peter in the passenger seat; with Peter in her seat.

It's pissing me off that I can't hold her hand while I drive. I loudly sigh.

"Don't feel bad." Peter comments. "If she lives, she'll become a werewolf. She will be incredibly powerful."

"Yeah, and once a month she'll go out of her freaking mind and try to kill us," Emma says, placing one of her hands in my shoulder. I relax just enough to know that I'm not alone in this. That I have never been alone.

"Well, actually, considering she's a woman...twice," Peter corrects her. I look at him like he's gone completely out of his mind, which he probably already had. A long time ago.

I follow every instruction in silence, till we get to some parking lot. I sigh, getting out. Peter takes me by the collar of my shirt and Emma closely follows, stumbling with her shoes.

It sucks that I didn't have the chance to tell her how beautiful she looks tonight.

Well...tired and hurt, but still beautiful. "Who is this car of?" Emma asks barely above a whisper.

"It belonged to my nurse." Peter shrugs, trying to open the trunk.

"What happened to your-Oh my God!" I jump back when I see the lifeless body of the ginger nurse lying there.

Emma looks away, holding into my arm. I take the bag he got from it, and I look horrified at the nurse. Peter looks between me, Emma and the nurse and shrugs again. "I've got better," is his excuse as he closes the trunk.

He puts the bag over it and gets a laptop out of the bag.

"Good luck getting signal down here," I tell Peter, feeling tired of his games as Emma holds tighter around my arm. I put her in danger once again.

Peter hands me some router. "Oh, Mi-Fi!" I remark, taking it in my hands as he opens the laptop.

"And you're a Mac guy!" I add, looking at his pretty MacBook. "Does that go for all werewolves or is it just a personal preference?" I remark once again.

I can't help but being sarcastic in situations like this one. If you don't take it seriously, then nothing too bad can happen...right?

Peter looks at me with anger. I might as well help him in some way so Emma won't get any more hurt.

"Turn it on, get connected," Pete orders.

"You know, you're really killing the whole werewolf mystique here," Emma dares to talk really quietly.

I think that, for the first time since we got into this mess, Emma is truly scared. She's been so brave, so fearless. Not every teenage girl would be able to handle all of this. Allison, for example; don't get me wrong, she's a great girl but that night at school she just lost it. Not even Lydia was overreacting.

But I'm glad that I have Emma as a partner. She's not only beautiful but brave and smart. We all have our weakness, right? She was attacked by Peter, the one who had killed so many others; she's in her right to be scared.

Once it's all settled, I notice something else.

"Look, you still need Scott's username and password and I'm sorry, but I don't know them."

"You know both of them," Peter accuses me.

"No," I say and I mean it, I only have a vague idea of what they could be. "I don't."

"Even if I couldn't hear your heartbeats, I would still be able to tell that you're lying." Peter gives me the 'are you kidding me?' look and I don't know if it's wrong to say that I was glad to see that look instead of the serial killer one.

"Dude, I swear to God..." I insist but all he does is shove my face against the laptop. I start breathing hard, suddenly getting scared. I can't protect Emma from here.

"I can be very persuasive, Stiles," he says, holding my head against the laptop like it's a normal thing for normal people to do.

Except none of us is normal here. Of course, me an Emma are human, but I don't think you can call us your average teenagers. I mean, even before the supernatural wave, we were a couple of weirdos.

"Don't make me persuade you."

"Fine, stop!" Emma cries. "Let him go! I know the password!"

"You're lying!" Peter says, not letting go of me.

"Look, if you let him go, I'll try all night to get the right password. Is Scott we're talking about, how hard can it be?" Emma says and she does have a point.

Peter lets me go. Emma takes my face in her hands, asking if I'm okay.

The Alpha takes her away from me, saying that he actually doesn't have all night.

"What will happen when you find Derek?" Emma asks, writing things in the laptop. I stay close to her, too afraid that he will hurt her again.

"Don't think, Emma!" Peter says. "Type."

"You're going to kill people, right?" I can't help but ask, hoping that we're not in his list.

"Only the responsible ones," he clarifies, but it really doesn't make it any better.

It is actually worst.