Forty-nine: immunity and code breaker

Emma's P.O.V:

When I woke up, Deaton and Jessica were in the room with me.

The first one told me that my dad wasn't healing by himself, which means he isn't a werewolf. Thank God.

He said that he wasn't going to die either, so he concludes that luckily my dad is one of those immune cases.

I wonder if that's on the gens, because in that case I would be immune as well.

Jessica gave me some clean clothes -because I was still in that damn dress- and instructed me to go home. She informed me that Stiles and Scott were downstairs visiting Lydia and that they'd give me a ride home.

I hugged her and said goodbye to Deaton, right before getting into the bathroom.

I wash my face until it's free of ruined make-up and try to make my hair look decent, failing a little. I put on the jeans and the shirt Jessica had brought and leave the dress abandoned in the bathroom. Someone will find it and hopefully burn it, because I don't want to see it ever again.

I find the two best friends silently getting out of Lydia's room. 

"So?" I ask them. "What is she?"

"We don't know," Stiles admits.

"How come?" I ask, looking at Scott.

"She isn't healing like me, which means she's not a werewolf. But she isn't dying either," he answers, and it's funny because I just got the same answer about my dad.

"You know, Deaton said the same thing about my dad; he assures there are some rare cases of immunity."

"Let's not talk about this anymore, can we?" Stiles groans. "Come on, Em," he adds, passing an arm around my shoulders. "I got my jeep back. Let's go do some best friends activities." He looks at Scott, who smiles.

"Let's go."

We have pizza as lunch and spend the afternoon bowling.

As I was expecting, I won.

I remember that time, not long ago, when Lydia asked me to 'hang out' with her, Jackson, Allison, Scott and the boy I don't even remember his name. Matt, was it?

It's funny how much things have changed since then. I hated Lydia and Jackson with a passion, while I thought Allison was my friend. I still want that to work, but I'm not sure it will happen any time soon.

Now Lydia is my best friend and Jackson is kind of a colleague, like it or not.

And I can't help but compare that horrible date with this one I'm having with my friends. Scott is a lot funnier and louder when he's around us. I like to think this is his true-self.

He laughs at us, makes sarcastic remarks and even uses his werewolf powers every now and then to make some strikes. Stiles keeps saying that either I'm a werewolf or I have pure natural talent and we keep laughing at how dork he is.

We don't mention any supernatural word, at least not as much as we usually do. Once we're tired and it's getting late, Scott says he'll rush to Allison's house, willing to spend some time with her.

Turns out that telling her the truth, or she finding out-whatever that happened first-make them even more united.

Stiles then leaves me at home. Jessica is still at the hospital, as I find in a note, so I just decide to go upstairs and take a well-deserved shower, followed by a nap.

I find a white dress lying in my bed, with a note from Mrs Martin, telling me that I'm an amazing friend and that Lydia will hopefully get better soon. What I don't get is why she left a dress for me.

I shrug, leaving the note aside and deciding that I'll visit Lydia and my dad tomorrow and that maybe I'll buy her some flowers, if she's awake.

I take my desired shower and I relax; Peter's dead, Derek disappeared into the woods. The only one I have to deal with is Scott, who finally learnt how to control himself.

Hopefully full moons will be just normal nights from now on.

Once I'm done with the shower, I step out and spot the dress in its very same place. I feel like I should try it on.

Curiously, it fits perfectly, even though it isn't something I'd use. I dry my hair quickly and just as I'm going to take the dress off to replace it by my pyjamas, I get a call.

"Stiles." I smile. "What's up?"

"Come downstairs," he orders. I hear noise in the background and I wonder what's going on.

"How did you get in?" I ask, already walking downstairs.

"Just come!" he insists. "I'm in the backyard."

I get into the backyard and I almost drop the phone. Under the old tree, Stiles is standing in a shirt really similar to the one he was using the day before. Lights are hanging off the tree and they tangle into a table full of candles and what I guess is food.

"What is this?" I ask, smiling and walking towards him.

"I told you that you were having your formal," he smiles innocently. "Do you like it?"

"If I like it?" I almost choke. "This is amazing."

He takes my hands, pulling me closer. "Now, dance with me, Em. Let's forget about the world."

He sets the music and we dance for what seems like hours. Just the two of us, moving back and forth my little backyard, I feel like a princess in my own fairy-tale.

He suddenly lifts my face in his hands and kisses me, making the fireworks -that once didn't have any meaning to us- explode, loud and beautiful.

I kiss him back, willing to feel his love in a night like this.

No words are spoken, but it isn't like we need to talk anymore.

Everything has been said.

~

THE FEELINGS HOLY BALLS.

Thank you again if you got to this point of the story! Chapter fifty is the epilogue and it's coming in a couple of hours (: i will be posting the prologue of the new book this afternoon!

NOW BOOK 2 WILL BE CALLED 'BLOOD PACT' AND I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS YOU LOVED THIS ONE.

or maybe more.

i hope you get the progress that the title means, because in the first season they were just making a deal and now it's a pact that involves blood so yeah hahah basically.

 I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.