Twenty-four: Alpha attack and heart monitor

Emma's P.O.V:

I'm sitting on the back of the jeep, staring at nothing in particular. Stiles and I picked Scott up earlier and now we're going to school to call the Alpha, not sure of why.

We park the jeep in the parking lot and get out of the car.

"This is a terrible idea." Stiles walks around the car until he's right next to me. I feel safe beside him but I still have the feeling that this will be a long night.

"Yes, I know " Scott says. I hate him so much right now.

"But we're still gonna do it?" I can't help but ask.

"Can you think of something better?" he snaps and I swear this is the last time I let him talk to me like this.

"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring the problem until it eventually just goes away," I answer back.

"Just make sure that we can get inside," he instructs us.

Supernatural doesn't make you the boss, does it?

Stiles takes his tools out of the jeep just in time to receive Derek Hale in his fabulous car.

"Where's my boss?" Scott asks him.

"He's in the back," Derek answers. Wait, Deaton? Why would he be on Derek's car?

"Oh, he looks comfortable!" Stiles comments. He's tied and has tape in his mouth. Okay, so Derek kidnapped Deaton and Scott's okay with it.

It totally makes sense.

I follow Stiles towards school, but Derek stops us.

"Wait, hey! What are you doing?"

"You said I was linked to the Alpha; I'm going to see if you're right." Scott answers.

We easily get inside and I must admit school is a creepy place at night. It's so big and spacious and quiet that someone could kill us right here and now and no one would find out until tomorrow.

"Okay, one question: what are you going to do if the Alpha doesn't show up?" Stiles asks when we make it to the Principal's office.

"I don't know," Scott says.

I look for the microphone that's linked to the speakers around school.

"What are you going to do if he does show up?" I can't help but ask.

"I don't know," he says again.

"Good plan!" Stiles and I say at the same time. I don't dare to look at him because I know he'll pull a silly face and I'll blush, but Scott's here and that would be just awkward.

"Alright, you said that a wolf howls to signal his position to the rest of the pack, right?" Scott asks me.

Oh, he's talking to me, that's new.

"Yes, but if you bring him here doesn't make you part of his pack?" I ask back because that would be awful for him.

"I hope not," he mumbles.

"Yeah, me too." I put the mic on the table and set it for him. "Alright, all you..." Stiles turns it on and we both wait for Scott to do something amazing.

What I hear next...oh boy, I have to place a hand on my mouth to stop the fit of laughter that is threating to come out. Scott howling is like a cat being chocked, I swear.

"Was that okay?" he dares to ask. "I mean, that was a howl, right?"

"Yeah, technically..." Stiles says trying to comfort his best friend.

"Well, what did it sound like to you?" he looks at both of us.

Stiles is about to say something but I need to let this out.

"Like a cat being choked to death, Scott." I admit, pulling out my worried face because this is serious and I don't want him to think that I don't care.

Because I do care and a lot; it isn't my fault that he doesn't know how to howl.

"What do I do? How am I supposed to do this?" Scott asks desperate.

"Hey, hey..." I calm him down, walking around the desk so I can talk to him. "Listen to me." I take his shoulders even though he's taller than me. "You're calling the Alpha, alright? Be a man. Be a werewolf, not a teen wolf. Be a werewolf, do it." I hope that's enough to encourage him.

I go back to Stiles who mumbles something about "teen wolf". I'll just assume he loved my comment.

Scott tries once again and holy balls, he'll attract all of the werewolves in the state. It was actually scaring.

"Hey, you did it!" I congratulate him. "Now, let's get the fuck out of here before the Alpha comes and make you kill us," I suggest. Scott doesn't say anything but follows us out of the office while Stiles won't shut up about how amazing that was.

"I will kill you three!" is the first thing Derek Hale says when he sees us. "What the hell was that? Are you trying to attract the whole state to the school?"

"Sorry, I didn't know it'd be that loud" Scott simply answers. As if that's going to change anything.

"Yeah, it was loud; and it was awesome!" Stiles presumes.

"Shut up."

"Don't be such a sour wolf!" Stiles complains. The urge to jump in the car and drive back home is increasing considerably.

"What did you do with him?" Scott suddenly asks.

"What?" Derek turns around and we all can see Deaton's gone.

Oh, what if Deaton is the Alpha?

"I didn't do anything!" Derek isn't one of those people, who are really expressive, but you can see honesty in his eyes. I mean, you can't deny he's telling the truth.

Then I see him again. I hold on Stiles just to witness the Alpha taking Derek from the back and lifting him in the air, his mouth letting dark blood out of his body. He's thrown away and if we don't run right now we'll end up just like him.

My first impulse is to jump in the car but we all know he's faster than Stiles' old comfy jeep so our next option is to run into school once again.

I just hope we are alive after tonight.

"What are we gonna do now?" I feel the adrenaline running through my veins and I'm ready to do whatever it takes to stay alive but that doesn't mean the Alpha doesn't scare me. I've had the pleasure to experience one of his attacks before and let me tell you they don't leave you a good memory.

Flashes of red eyes and sleepless nights come back to my mind as I hold on Stiles' hand for dear life.

I already survived once, what if he doesn't let this one go? I can't die at school, I can't.

"Emma," Stiles says. "Emma, look at me, you're freaking out!"

Am I? My mind and all of my senses go back to reality and what's happening; we're trapped at school with the Alpha just outside, which already killed Derek and has easy access through any of the windows. "It's going to be alright, I promise." His brown eyes tell on him; he doesn't know that.

"We'll be alright," Scott assures us. "Let's just figure something out." I look at them, my best friend and the guy that makes everything complicated.

I love them both so much I don't care if I die with them tonight, as long as we're together.

But dying isn't the best option.

"Let's see where he is," I suggest.

- - - -

i'm so excited about next chapter! Predictions on what will happen?

i'll just say Stemma will have a huge moment soooo yeah comment!

thank you for all of the comments and votes im getting you are amazing <3