Seven: police's vocabulary and second chance at first line

Stiles' P.O.V:

We've been waiting for ages for Derek Hale to decide to leave his not too comfortable house (if you can even call it that) and go to do his werewolf stuff.

I already had to tell Scott to shut up twice and wake Emma fourth. I feel like a total babysitter right now.

As soon as Derek's Camaro is out of the way, I finally start the car once again.

"Won't you wait until he's completely gone?" Emma whispers and I dismiss her.

She hasn't been the best company tonight.

We get out of the car, me and Scott each with a shovel in hand while Emma holds the flashlight.

"Wait, something's different," Scott says still walking into the direction where-I guess- he smelled the body.

"Different how?" Emma asks more concerned that scared.

You put any other girl in a situation like this one and they would be too scared to move right now. But Emma is right next to me, holding the damn flashlight as if it was her phone and she was texting her boyfriend...if she had a boyfriend, that is.

Maybe she has one?

I don't care.

"I don't know."

If he doesn't know he should stop walking. Why isn't he stopping?

"Let's just get this over with," Emma sighs, as we start digging.

It's been a while now, I feel like we've been working for hours. Still nothing.

Emma and I make turns to help Scott, because as the humans we are, we do get tired. I am all dirty and sweaty and so is Emma.

"This is taking us too long!" Scott complains as Emma hands me the shovel and takes the flashlight on her little hands.

"Just keep going," I say, digging the shovel into the damn hole once again.

"What if he comes back?" Scott insists.

Why is he so damn pessimist, someone explain me.

"Then we get the hell out of here," Emma states. We discussed this via text message while she was on detention, though I'd never tell Scott. I actually had a laugh talking to her. We came with a really dumb plan but, can you blame us? She was locked at school with Harris and I was home alone.

"What if he catches us?"

What is this, Scott McCall, twenty questions?!

"We have a plan for that," I say, my voice harsh.

I am so sick of dust, I need a warm shower.

"Which is?"

Oh, for goodness' sake, someone shut the werewolf up, please.

"We run each in different ways, whoever he catches first, too bad," Emma says rolling her eyes and I quietly chuckle. It actually feels right to have some sort of intern joke with her.

It is nice to be his 'colleague' as we call each other.

"I hate that plan," Scott keeps complaining. He's the one with supernatural powers; I don't know why he's so worried.

I dig in once again and hit something.

"Oh, wait, wait, wait!" I stop Scott's actions.

Emma points at the ground with the flashlight.