Thirty-four: find out and wolf's bane

Emma's P.O.V:

It was meant to be a chilly night.

Anyways, some part of me always told me I'd end up in the middle of a crazy adventure, such as being in the back seat of Derek's Camaro as the one and only (and mad) Kate Argent is chasing us.

And she has killer intentions.

Derek is somewhere around Beacon Hills running away from my father, Stiles' father and Allison's father.

He has something with dads and I just hope mine doesn't catch me.

"Faster?" Scott asks when Kate's car in right behind us.

"Much faster!" I say and I don't dare to look back. Not like I want her to recognize me. Not like I hang out with Allison anymore, but you never know.

This car is so nice. Derek should let me drive it sometime.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you got the concept of a car chasing," Stiles says, looking back.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott defends himself.

"If you don't go faster, they'll gonna kill us!" I state the obvious.

Scott goes faster and I think I fell in love with this car.

"They're gone." I inform with a sigh of relief.

We pick up Derek right when Mr Argent is about to shoot him and Stiles has to sit in the back with me.

Ever since our I-love-you confessions we've been inseparable. Everything turned out for the best, even though there are a lot of things we haven't talked about yet.

Like the reason of why he made me fall for him in the first place.

"What part of lying down don't you understand?" Scott asks Derek.

"Dammit, I had it!" Derek groans.

"Who? The Alpha?" Stiles asks.

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up."

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs!" I defend my dad and Derek gives me that serial killer look.

"Yeah," he finally says, "thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

I zone off the conversation for a while and short after Stiles joins me. He passes an arm around my shoulders and smiles at me. I smile back because he's a cutie.

"They don't trust me," he pouts.

"I trust you." I smile and he giggles.

"You don't count, though." This is my turn to pout.

"Go to hell."

"Come with me." He winks an eye before joining the conversation once again.

I just hear the words "Harries", "necklace" and "Allison" and that's enough for me to know this won't be good for Scott.

Stiles' P.O.V:

I have to encourage Scott to ask Allison for the necklace. I know, he could just ask Emma to do that but she and Allison aren't really friends anymore-ever since that night at school-so I won't give him that idea.

Emma wouldn't like it.

Once Scott is out of sight, I wonder where Emma is. Ever since I told her that I love her-and she said it back-we hadn't left each other's side.