Twenty-six: company and school night

Emma's P.O.V:

We finally reach the back doors and I sigh in relief because we'll finally get out of here.

Except the doors won't open.

The garbage container is blocking the door, whoever this Alpha is; he's got to be a fucking smartass.

Stiles lets go of my hand as he frantically pushes the door.

"Come on, help me," he tells Scott but there's really no use.

"Stiles, stop!" I beg for him to stop struggling, because he's only making noise.

"I'm not dying here, I'm not dying at school!" he states while we walk to the other side of the hall.

"We're not going to die!" Scott assures us. I want to believe him, but he barely has control over this new powers and this Alpha looks very dangerous.

The odds are not in our favour, if this was The Hunger Games, we'd be so screwed.

"God, what is he doing? What does he wants?" Stiles asks desperate. I try to take his hand to calm him down, but he's making another one of his spasmodic movements.

"Me!" Scott replies. I've been quiet since I saw the janitor die through the door. It isn't like any of them care. "Derek says he's stronger with a pack."

"Oh, great." I make a face. "A psychotic werewolf who's into team work; that's beautiful!"

Scott stops walking and I can finally hold on Stiles' hand once again. I dare to look out of the window in front of us, just to find red eyes already staring back.

This isn't romantic at all.

He starts moving and we need to run. I feel adrenaline go wild through my veins when the Alpha breaks the window and I have to run faster to save my own life. Scott pushes a door open that leads us to some stairs; we go down without hesitation.

I have to fight back the tears; I can't be weak right now, when our lives are in danger.

This room looks a lot like the locker room, except it's the basement of school. I'm breathing hard and I swear I'll lose it any second.

Scott takes a look before telling us to move.

"We need to do something!" I plead, trying not to sound desperate.

"Like what?" Scott asks me.

"I don't know; kill it, hurt it, force mental anguish on him, something!"

We step back, a wall coming closer and closer. This is our end.

I look into the room we're just passing by: no windows, just a door. A crazy idea that could end with our lives crosses my mind.

I look for my copy of Stiles' car keys. "No, what are you doing?"

"Just a minute!" I shush Scott. Stiles doesn't say anything, he trusts me enough to know I wouldn't fuck it up on purpose and that makes me feel on a strange way towards him.

I take the keys and throw them to the spare room, the Alpha running straight through it. Stiles closes the door and Scott locks it with a desk.

We feel it struggling against the door. "He can't-" Scott doesn't even have to finish his sentence. I smile at him, adrenaline going wilder than ever.

He crosses over the desk, so we are all three free to go.

"What are you doing?!" I take Stiles arm when he stands up in the desk.

"I just want to take a look of it," he stupidly says. He can't be serious right now?

I feel anger towards him, something I haven't felt in the last few weeks.