Thirty-eight: stolen shirts and co-captain

Emma's P.O.V:

I make my way to Scott's, thinking what I'm going to say. "Hey, I just wanted to hang out...even though it's ten pm." Wrong.

"I was looking for Melissa! You know where she is?" Wrong.

"Scott and I were going to study!" are you kidding, Emma?

I walk upstairs, ready to just act natural and improvise. "Scott?" I hear Allison call. She steps out of his room and I see disappointment in her eyes when she sees me. "Oh, is just you."

"Hey, Allison!" I act like I didn't know she was here. "What's up? Hanging out with Scott?" I hope that one hurt.

Okay, I don't, I swear I don't. I actually wish we could be friends again. She's really cool and all.

"I...was. He said he'd be right back" she simply states, sitting down on his bed.

"I'm pretty sure it must have been something very, very important" as important as his mother's sake. "I bet he'll be right back."

"You know where he is, stop lying" she sighs, running a hand through her hair. "Everyone lies."

"Allison, I'm everything but a liar" I lie to her and she knows it. "I have no idea where Scott is, okay?"

"What are you doing here, anyway?" she changes the subject.

"Oh, I-" think something quick, Emma. "I slept over the other day" I lie. I haven't slept at Scott's in a while now. "I left a shirt here; I was looking for it...yeah."

I look around and take the first shirt I see, which happens to be Stiles'.

I smirk as I take it in my hands. "Hum, do you want to go out or something?"

"Aren't you about to dress up with my boyfriend's clothes?" she snaps, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hey, Scott is my best friend, okay? He was long before you showed up and he still is. Besides, this one is Stiles', I think I like him way better."

"I always knew" she mumbles, smiling.

"Whatever" I roll my eyes, smiling back. "I should go now. Take care, Allison Argent."

"Same for you, Emma Lee."

At least she's not mad at Scott or anything. I think that night at the school I killed any chance I had to be friends with Allison Argent and that's sad as hell because she is actually nice; except the part where half of her family is completely nuts.

I walk back home, I know the way by heart and it's pretty safe. I do it slowly, wanting to forget everything that's going on for at least a minute. We've been into so much in such a short period of time. I used to complain all the time of how plain and bored my life was.

Now, it's way too dangerous and exciting. At least something good came out of this entire thing: Stiles.

If it wasn't for the Alpha biting Scott, we'd still hate each other. We wouldn't have talked at all in the first place. He was an annoying little shit at the moment, but right now I'm not scared to tell him that I love him.

I smile at the thought of us together. I've always wanted this partner in crime, an unconditional colleague and now I have Stiles. He's so easy to talk to; we seem to connect and to understand each other perfectly. I've said it a million of times before and I'll say it again: our minds are way too similar.

He's been there to help me, support me and drive me wherever I want for the past few months, in which I developed strong feelings for him. I mean, I do love him and that's the only thing I'm sure of.

We're not boyfriend and girlfriend yet, but I'd definitely have a thing going on. Is not like we're seeing other people, we're basically exclusive for each other. Does that make us boyfriend and girlfriend or do one of us have to ask the other?

It's just a label anyway, right? It'd make everything awkward. Like, right now we're together because we want to be; being someone's girlfriend kind of obligates me to be nice and kiss and cuddle and say cliché lines, even though I'm not in the mood of doing such things.

I would be a terrible girlfriend. I mean, I don't know that because I've never been anyone's girlfriend but I have a strong feeling I'd suck at it.

Maybe boys can predict who's going to be a good or bad girlfriend and that's how they choose who to date, other than just staring at girl's butts.

And maybe that's why Stiles haven't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Maybe he knows I'm a loser.

Okay, scratch that; he's known from day one that I'm a loser.

I push these thoughts away, not wanting to overthink them right now. I get into my house to be greeted by my father and Stiles, sitting on the couch. 

"What's going on?" I ask trying to act natural. My father and my almost boyfriend having a talk results a bit suspicious.

"Emma." Stiles stands up with a big smile on his face. I can't help but notice how his eyes lit up when he saw me. "I was just telling your dad a very funny story of how I hit Melissa's car on accident."

Well done, Scott.

 "As in Melissa McCall?" I pretend I don't know shit and sit with them in the living room.

"I should arrest you," my father jokes. Since when these two even get alone?

Stiles is sitting right beside me, his hands resting on his lap. I have the urge to take them and play with them.

"So what's going on between you two?" Is dad drunk? "Hanging out? Dating, maybe?" 

Nope, he's not drunk.

"We..." Stiles looks at me, asking for permission to talk. I nod once. "We're dating, yeah." I can't help but feel those stupid butterflies you feel when you like someone. "We're taking it slow, though," he adds, hoping dad won't ask about our intimate life. "It's something very recently and we're just trying this new dating thing. It had worked so far, I think-if you allow me, sir-I think that I really love your daughter."

Dad doesn't say anything. He just looks from me, to Stiles and to me again. I take one of Stiles' hands, assuring that he didn't say anything wrong. "You think or are you sure?" dad finally asks.

"Oh, one hundred percent sure," Stiles says, staring right down at me. I blush and look away, not that I need this kind of situation.

Dad stands up and crosses the living room, walking towards us.

 "My little baby girl has a boyfriend," he sings and I swear he lost his mind. Why is he so chilled about it? "I don't know how this works," he adds, looking at Stiles. "I don't know if I should kick you out or show you pics of Emma as a baby but I know one thing: hurt her and you're a dead man. Have a good night."

"Wait, Mr Lee!" Stiles stands up and stops my dad from walking away. Dad turns around and gives him a questioning look. "I'm up for those pics, you tell me when and where."

That makes my father laugh. He shakes Stiles's hand and they do this weird manly-hug thingy and dad sends me a kiss before going upstairs.

Stiles turns around and looks at me, smiling.

"We need to talk," I tell him, his smile fading a bit.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

This is it; first couple talk is happening.

"Wait, Emma, is that my shirt?"