Twenty-seven: questions and school night

Emma's P.O.V:

We've been like this for a couple of hours now and it's getting old.

We make it to the cafeteria, Scott and Jackson are trying to lock the door and the girls are asking questions.

"What was that?"

"What was at the celling?"

I take a deep breath and look at Stiles. "Scott, not here," he says. I look back to see glass and more glass.

They keep on locking the door. But we need to get out.

"Guys?" I say loudly as they pull chairs in front of the door. "Can we just wait for one second?"

"Can you just listen to us?" Stiles insists. "Wait a second!"

There's no use. They are determined to lock the damn door.

I give up, we're dead. I put my arms around Stiles waist and rest my head on his chest. I've had enough for tonight.

"Guys?" he insists, his arms around my body. "Stiles talking? Can we hang on for one second, please?"

I pull away and sigh. "Hello?!" I shout, making everyone stop. "Okay, nice work!" I remark sarcastically.

"Really beautiful job, everyone!"

Allison is about to cry right now. They look so desperate.

I am desperate, too, but at least I'm good at hiding it.

"Now, what should we do with a twenty foot wall of windows?" I ask the geniuses, pointing to the wall behind us.

"Can someone please explain me what's going on 'cause I'm freaking out here?" she asks in general, but looking right at Scott. "I'd like to know why? Scott?"

Scott just chickens out, thinking what we should say to them. I feel like we're polarized. Lydia, Jackson and Allison are standing there, pretending they are victims; silently blaming Scott, Stiles and I for bringing them here, when they really came by themselves. We were doing fine at staying alive when they did their beautiful entrance.

"Somebody killed the janitor." I look up at Stiles, his face serious, his eyes agreeing with what I just said.

"What?" Lydia asks.

"Yes, the janitor is dead," Stiles confirms, taking one step in front of me, covering me with his body. I don't complain; I didn't come for them to throw their shit at me.

"What are they talking about? Is this a joke?" Allison asks Scott like if we weren't there to hear her.

"Who killed him?" Jackson asks us instead. Thank you, Jackson, for noticing we can, in fact, listen.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Lydia puts all of the pieces into place. Except the one that says it isn't a mountain lion. "This was supposed to be over, I mean, the mountain lion..."

"Lydia, don't you understand?" Jackson tells her. I wonder which one is closer to the truth, Lydia or Jackson. "That wasn't a mountain lion."

"Who was it?!" Allison is about to cry. Why is she going to cry, Argents are stronger than that. "What does he want?" Funny, because I asked the same thing like thirty minutes ago and the answer is Scott. "What's happening...Scott!" she says, realizing no one will give her an answer.

"I-I don't know!" he says not looking at us. "I-I just...if we don't get out of here, he's gonna kill us."

"Us?" Lydia asks.

Sadly, yes. All of us.

"Who? Who is it?" Allison demands, this time looking right at us.

Okay, janitor excuse is not brilliant anymore.