Thirty-nine: friend's bond and formality

Stiles' P.O.V:

I just told her dad we're dating, what did I do? We're not dating as far as I know. Not that I have experience but I'm pretty sure someone has to ask the other first.

And just now I realize she's wearing my shirt. She looks so hot in my clothes.

"I-yeah, it is. Do you want it back or something?" She blushes, sounding vulnerable.

"What? Of course not, don't you dare taking that off." I smirk, sitting down beside her. "I love you, Emma."

She looks up at me, leaning in for a kiss. I kiss her back, softly and slowly. "I love you, Stiles."

I softly laugh, not wanting to pull away. "What are we, exactly?"

I think about it for a second, I definitely don't want to kill the atmosphere with a stupid reply.

"Just two teenagers who love each other, but we can be whatever you want us to be."

She rests her head on my shoulder before replying.

"I really want us to be more, but I'm scared of it."

I wrap my arms around her, kissing her temple.

"We're just going to wait then. Meet you upstairs? I'm going to call Scott, I haven't known about him in a while, yeah?"

"Sure." She smiles, heading upstairs.

I'm pretty sure Scott is fine on his own; I just needed to make this call. If she wants us to be more, we'll be more. I want her to know that I really love her.

"Hey, what's up, Danny boy?"

"Why are you calling, it's like midnight," he complains. I guess it is, but I've been falling asleep really late these past months.

"I need you to do me a favour," I tell him. "It's about Emma."

He groans, "just because Emma isn't as annoying as you. What do you need?"

"I want to invite her to the formal? How do I do that exactly?" I feel like an idiot. I hope Danny knows something about relationships.

"Dude, you really are a loser, aren't you?" Danny laughs. "How's that you can't invite your own girlfriend to the formal?"

"Huh, that's the point. She's not my girlfriend," I say awkwardly. "Can you just tell me what to do? I'll do it, I swear."

"Oh, okay. Tell me what are Emma's favourite things over a text and you'll have her wrapped around your finger. Just drop the money of the invitations in my locker tomorrow morning and we're even."

"Danny, I think I love you," I sing, running upstairs.

"This is for Emma, not you." He says before hanging up.

I kiss Emma intently that night. Her tongue tastes like peppermint and I want to get drunk of it. Every touch burns my skin and I know I'm talking like a girl right now but I can't help it.

She has this effect on me.

Emma's P.O.V:

I'm currently sat on Stiles' lap, dialling Scott's number for the hundredth time.

"Call again," he orders when it sends me to voice mail.

Stiles groans, taking strands of my hair in his fingers.

"It's not here," he says. "So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one," Scott says looking under his bed. "And I can't do this alone. We need to find Derek."