Thirteen: memories and pack mentality

Stiles' P.O.V:

I don't know, I think I am scaring Emma a little. Am I being too nice?

Maybe it was a fast move. I should just do it slowly. She looks really confused because of my behaviour.

After buying an extra cheese large pizza we go home.

We're in my room, she is lying in her stomach, occupying the whole bed- as usual- and I'm sitting on the floor, near the end of the bed.

We aren't talking, just eating with her favourite band playing softly on the background. "Oh, I think I'm in love," Emma says. I turn around with a smirk plastered on my face.

"Are you?" I ask playfully. I know she is talking about food, not me, but that is the funny part. Isn't it?

"Aren't you?" she asks back and I laugh. "Whatever, I feel bad for Scott and all of this hanging out thing."

"I know, right? Worst part is that he told Jackson he is good at bowling." I let myself to laugh at my best friend.

"He's terrible." She rolls her eyes.

"You aren't, though," I comment, remembering what I thought during lunch. "You were the best."

"I still am, Stilinski," she laughs and I join.

Eventually, we are quiet again.

"I can't believe you remember that," she comments, playing with the ends of her long dark hair.

"I remember everything," I say, resting my head on the bed so I can see her.

I know what she wants to ask: why. And sometimes I ask the same thing to myself, too. What if I had found other way to get over her, so many years ago?

What if being on the friendzone isn't that bad? I mean, I have never ever been on the friendzone in my life. And I don't think Emma and I are in that position yet, we just stopped hating on each other.

What if she's just pretending?

Oh, I need to stop. She isn't pretending, I'd know it; wouldn't I?

"I don't remember my mom," she says, leaving the pizza aside.

She sits at the end of the bed and I quickly follow. God, I just hope she doesn't start crying. I suck at comforting people and I don't think I can handle crying Emma.

"To be completely honest, I remember more of your mother than my own." At the mention of mom I can't help but tense. That is a really, really delicate topic to me, I don't think I have ever truly discussed it with anyone.

She seems to notice it, guilt fills her blue eyes. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, I just...never mind." She stands up, ready to get out of here.

"Emma, wait," I sigh and take her wrist, making her stop. She slowly sits back on the bed. "You can tell me, it's fine."

She is just about to talk when my phone goes off. "It's Scott," I say and she nods once. "What's up?"

"I need you to take me to school tonight," he says, leaving me very confused.

"Alright..." I agree don't wanting to know the reasons.

"Do you know where Emma is? I've called her the whole afternoon," he says and I look at her.

She somehow knows what Scott just asked and furiously shakes her head. "I...no, no idea," I lie to him. "But I'll go pick her up anyway, don't worry."

"What? Mate, she isn't coming. It is dangerous." Tell me he's kidding.

"Mate," I mock him. "Emma and I are sort of a pack, you know, you can't ask me to do something and pretend she won't know. We have a deal."