Eighteen: Jackson, the Alpha and the tell

Emma's P.O.V:

After seeing Derek half dead and calling Stiles 'babe', nothing much happened. Of course, when I slept in my bed all by myself nightmares of a cut off arm visited a couple of nights but I eventually got over it.

Scott has been distant lately, even more than usual. I kind of miss him. On the other hand, Stiles and I had spent a lot of time together.

I would like to say we're friends now. Sarcasm and teasing will never leave, but at least we get along well. He's actually hilarious and I'm pretty sure I said this before but our minds work very similar.

Tonight something different happens, though. Dad is home and he wants to watch a movie. He even gave Jessica the night.

I know what this is all about: tomorrow's my birthday. Dad barely spends time with me in my birthday. He always gives me extra money so I can go out with friends, also known as Scott.

Scott and I always do something fun for my birthday; bowling, cinema, dinner out, whatever we feel like to. I think it's very thoughtful of my dad to want to spend some extra time with me.

What is not thoughtful at all is that he made me go and get a good movie. I had to walk to Stiles' house and take the jeep, perks of having a copy of the keys. He wasn't home, though, I wonder where he was.

Probably with his dad, or Scott; it isn't very important anyway. I park the jeep and get into the store, being the only client here. The dude who works here is currently fixing the lights.

I walk through the aisles of movies, trying to look for a good one. I want to see some action tonight.

Not even five minutes later I hear someone say "can somebody help me find 'The Notebook'?"

I turn around to see Jackson. Oh, this jerk. Why would he want to watch that movie anyway?

The phone starts ringing and I wonder where the worker is. He isn't up the stairs anymore.

"You gotta be kidding me," he says when he sees me walking towards him.

"I wasn't kidding, but whatever you say." I roll my eyes. "Jackson and cliché don't go together, why don't you watch some horror film instead?"

"One, I'm with Lydia and two, there is nothing more horrific than 'The Notebook'." Jackson pulls a serious face and I laugh at his comment.

"That was a good one." I smile and he's about to return it but we both notice the light this kid was fixing is now way worse.

"Hey, look," I mumble, pointing to one of the last aisles. We slowly walk towards there, just to find a lifeless body.

I gasp and Jackson takes a step back, taking a grip of my arm and pulling me back with him.

"Holy God," I mumble, sounding a lot like Stiles.

Jackson stumbles with the stairs, making it fall and the lights go on and off. Okay, this is definitely more horrific than The Notebook.

And then...then I see it. Black, breathing hard, red eyes I won't be able to forget. The "mountain lion" my dad is looking for, the strange creature that has been killing people, the one who killed Laura Hale; the Alpha who turned my best friend into a werewolf.

"Jackson," I gasp as he turns around to face the growler monster.

He takes my arm and pulls me with him to one of the aisles. Adrenaline is running wild through my veins.

Jackson slowly takes a look of the main aisle and quickly comes back, breathing hard. Oh God, we'll die. Some movies fall down from the shelves and I bite my lip. I didn't want to see this much of action tonight.