Forty-five: the bite and code breaker

Emma's P.O.V:

"You have to promise me you'll leave Scott out of this." I tell Peter right before typing in. He has scared me to death tonight and I hate him for it.

I hate him so much. I thought Derek has ruined my life but right now I see Derek as a friend and Peter as an enemy. Nothing Derek has done can compare to the nightmares I'll have if we get out of this alive.

Peter sighs exasperated and looks at me. "Do you know why wolves hunt in packs?" he asks. Of course I know, is the first thing I learnt about wolves in my little researches. "It's because their favourite prey is too large to be hunted by just one wolf." He didn't even give me time to answer, that isn't fair. "I need Derek and Scott. I need both of them."

"He's not going to help you!" I insist. Scott is too good to go killing people, even if they are the 'responsible ones'.

"He will," Peter says. "Because it will save Allison." If I consider that Stiles and I usually have good plans...Peter's plans are ten times better. He thought about everything. I swear, everything. There is no second he doesn't know what to do.

That makes me hate him even more.

"And Stiles will because it will save you. And you will because it will save Scott." See? That's what I'm talking about! Everything; he thought about fucking everything.

"Your best friend," he goes on and I feel Stiles pressing his chest in my back, sneaking his hands around me, ready to change places with me if Peter decides to do anything. "Who you know so well you even have his username and password," he states slowly.

I don't even know his password, but werewolf or not, Scott McCall is the most predictable one.

I sigh, Stiles tighten his grip around me as I type the username.

Peter's face falls as he reads what I have written. "His username...is Allison?"

I type the same name where it says "password" and Peter looks like he wants to slap me once again. "His password is also Allison?" he asks like he couldn't believe Scott would do such a thing.

"Still want him in your pack?" Stiles raises an eyebrow at him.

Peter looks annoyed, but sadly, he still wants Scott in his pack.

I wonder where Scott is by now. Not sure if he's still at the formal. Maybe he went help Jackson out?

Lydia and my dad are probably turning by now. I should tell Stiles about my dad.

"Wait, what the-is that where they're keeping him?" I ask when I find the location. "His own house?"

Peter stares at the screen, narrowing his eyes.

He suddenly seems to understand what's going on. "Not at it; under it" he states. "I know exactly where that is."

We suddenly hear howling. I can't tell if that's Scott or Derek or any other unknown werewolf in town, but looks like Peter doesn't have a problem understanding the signals. "I'm not the only one," he says.

That means that either Scott or the unknown werewolf-that I'm pretty sure is real, because at this point Beacon Hills has become nuts-know where Derek Hale is.

Funny, because he's been at the Hale's burnt house all of these time. The same spot where Scott saw him for the last time, when he tried to kill Jackson.

Peter collects his stuff and shoves them into the backseat of the nurse's car.

"Give me your keys," he tells Stiles. I swear to God, one scratch in our jeep and I'll kill him myself.

Stiles loudly sighs. "Okay, but be careful."

Peter takes the keys in his hands and does nothing but smash them. He gives them back to Stiles, who looks sick. No one messes with his car.

"So you're not going to kill me?" Stiles dares to ask, making Peter stop.

He takes some steps closer to us and I hold into Stiles arm once again.

"Don't you understand yet?" he asks him. "I'm not the bad guy here." Sure he isn't.

"You turn into a giant monster with red eyes and fangs and you're not the bad guy?" I ask, standing in front of Stiles.

"Shut up, Emma. You already had your chance?" he says, giving me a threatening look.

"I like you, Stiles," Peter states and I loudly sigh. It's my boyfriend we're talking about here. "Since you helped me, I'm going to give you something in return."

Basically it was me who found the location, but okay.

"Do you want the bite?" What? No. no, no and no. Absolutely no.

"What?" Stiles hesitates.

"Do you want the bite?" Peter asks slowly. He's determined to get another Beta tonight, isn't he?

"If it doesn't kill you...and it could; you'd become like us" Is he serious? Stiles is amazing without being a werewolf. He doesn't need it.

"Like you..."

"Yes, a werewolf. Do you want me to draw you a picture?" Peter gets easily annoyed, I've noticed so. "That first night on the woods I took Scott because I needed a new pack, it could have easily been you. You would be as powerful as him." No, don't touch Stiles' self-steam. He is as special as Scott. "No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger and quicker; more popular, watch him get the girl...you'd be equals."

Peter takes Stiles wrists and he's letting him. Why is he letting him?

"Stiles, don't," I plead. The Alpha gets ready to bite him and Stiles jerks his hand away.

"I don't want to be like you," he states, teary eyes.

"You know what I heard just now?" Peter says, not losing his calm. "Your heart beating slightly faster at the words 'I don't'. You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you're lying to yourself. Goodbye Stiles, Emma."

He finally leaves us alone and we both let out a breath we'd been containing.

"Stiles." I get his attention. "You don't want to be like them, do you?"

He sighs, hugging me tight. "I wanted to. But since I already got the girl it would be useless." He confesses, making me smile.

I look up at him and kiss him slowly, wanting to feel calm and happy again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he whispers, leaving my lips to kiss my skin and my arms.

"I'm sorry, I was angry and scared and I wanted you to have a great time."

"Emma," he says, stopping his actions. "I know I put you in constant danger, but there's a reason of why I haven't ended our deal yet; I enjoy every second I spend beside you, even if I know we could die. Everything's brighter by your side."

I smile again, reaching for his lips one more time. "It won't happen again, I promise; but we really need to get out of here now."

"Should we just run?" he suggests.

"In these shoes?" I complain.

"Take them off." I roll my eyes but do it anyway.

"Let's go."