Chapter 19

Sharon was pacing up and down as the talent show progressed, she felt sick with nerves. She looked over at Michael while he played the piano for the twins. Steph was stood behind him, and Sharon almost hoped she'd distract him. She chastised herself for being so mean-spirited, besides the twins song was so sickly sweet the only way they'd win would be if the pink ladies messed up.

'We've got this in the bag,' Rhonda said gleefully. 'The twins have sent have the audience to sleep!'

Sharon bit her lip nervously. 'But what if we mess up?' Their act was certainly more ambitious but the potential for mistakes was greater too.

'Even if we mess up we'll still be better than them, they sound like a couple of cats,' Rhonda laughed. 'Come on the t birds are up in a minute, don't you want to watch.'

Sharon let herself be dragged to the side of the stage where the t birds were getting ready to perform. 'What's with the pink jackets?' she asked Louis frowning. She'd assumed they'd wear their t bird jackets.

'You don't like our costumes?' Goose snickered adjusting his collar.

Sharon glanced at Rhonda wondering what was so funny. 'I thought pink was more our colour,' she finally said, something was definitely not right. However, before she could probe any further Johnny called the guys together.

'If we don't win those albums after all of this,' Goose moaned, and Sharon silently agreed with him.

'We will,' Johnny said, giving his hair a final comb before Mrs McGee called them onto the stage to begin their act.

Sharon stood at the side watching nervously, she hoped Louis wouldn't mess up. She couldn't believe it when the t birds act was almost flawless, she only said almost cos she hated the song. It would be typical if after all her hard work they won and the girls lost.

~~~

'Thank god that's over with,' Louis said to Sharon as he came off the stage. He wasn't sure how they'd pulled it off but eliminating the main competition had to have helped. Sharon nodded, giving him a tight smile.

'Relax, it'll soon be over,' he said trying to reassure her. She was so wound up, and he was sure she was worse cos her mom was watching. She put Sharon under a stupid amount of pressure.

'I just hope I don't make any mistakes,' she said chewing her lip. He gave her shoulder a squeeze before she went to round the girls up. He glanced over at Johnny who was slapping hands with Goose but he didn't feel like joining in with the premature celebrations so he wandered over to Michael.

'How's it going?' he asked. They were all supposed to be friends now but they hadn't really hung out.

'Yeah good,' Michael said looking towards Stephanie who was testing that the lights worked on her Christmas tree costume. 'Actually maybe not so good.'

'What's up?'

'I don't know what to do with the rest of my life,' Michael admitted.

Louis frowned. 'That's deep. Why worry now?'

'Cos I've got to decide whether or not to extend my visa. I've looked into it and I think I can if I go to college here but I don't know if I want to.' Michael glanced at Steph again, and sighed.

Louis's frown deepened. 'So is it college you're not sure of, or staying here?'

'Both, but I can't tell Stephanie that. As far as she's concerned if I can extend my visa I'm staying.'

Louis nodded, that was a problem. 'Best keep quiet until you decide then.'

'What would you do?' Michael asked surprising him.