Leaving

Author's POV

Jungkook was out of his mind. He really was starting to believe that he's life was fucked up. Being rejected by his first love, and being turned down at the second try. Why couldn't he be happy, like the rest? He was down, very down. All he wanted was to go to Jimin and hug him and tell him everything. He had already talk to Yuju as Yoongi told him. She just said she couldn't bear with him anymore, knowing how he still had feelings for Jimin. Adding that she was tired of the lack of affection from the boy.

"I really tried oppa, but do you think I didn't hear you when you mumbled "his favorite drink" every time I ordered a macchiato? It hurt seeing me trying to give you my all, but not receiving you. I still want you to come to the US with me, because I still care for you and your carrier." And with a quick kiss on the cheek, she left Jungkook. Just like Jimin.

He hadn't much time, but it was decided. He was going to the US. He wanted to leave everything behind and start over. Maybe, just maybe he could forget about him and find love there, the only thing that was missing in his life. But oh boy he thought, forgetting Jimin wasn't that easy. It never was.

--

The manger called them all to gather in the living room of their dorm. He had something important to tell them. And since they've finished all tours and fan-meetings, they had a good amount of time to do what they wanted.

"Jungkook wants to tell you something," he finally said.

"Hyung, could you just tell them, I can't." The youngest didn't know how to bring it up.

"Oh, okay." All eyes on Jungkook, they were patiently waiting on their manager to tell them the news. Jungkook didn't look up, but he felt Jimin's eyes on him.

"Jungkook is going to the US in a couple of weeks. He will be going to a music academy for vocalists. He auditioned and got accepted. He will be attending classes with rookie and big idols from all around Korea. And he will be gone for three years, longer if he can debut as a soloist."

Everyone held their breaths, and without knowing, Jimin had started to cry, silently. No one catch on, but Jungkook did. And he could swear his own tears was starting to come.

"Jungkook-ah, I knew you were going to debut as a solo artist anyway. I'm both happy and proud of you, and we will miss you a lot. Fighting!" He may have been supportive since he's the leader, but his eyes said something else. Jungkook just smiled in return, but it loosened when Jimin said a quiet yes and went upstairs excusing himself. And so, their manager also left.

Jungkook was on his way to Jimin, but Taehyung stopped him midway.

"Don't Jungkook, don't make it harder for the both of you. He will only be more upset seeing you care about him again." Taehyung was right, if he went up to Jimin, Jimin would never let him go. So he decided to listen to his hyung and act cold as ice, as he did back when Jimin told him the truth.

"Okay, I won't." He still went upstairs, but to his own room.