Chapter 7,8

Chapter 7

(Nonnie)

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach we were leaving in a couple hours for Denver, CO to start the AK-47 tour. I woke up Callie and we both quickly got dressed. Then we loaded up the SUV with our bags, and we all headed to the airport. The rest of the guys were going to meet us there. We gave my mother a hug and went to board the plane. I had to keep telling my self that this was a good thing.

As we boarded the plane I realized my complete and utter fear of flying I grabbed onto the closest person to me. Matt just looked at me like I was crazy then his face changed to understanding. "Don’t tell anyone or I will kill you." I said my eyes shooting daggers.

"I won’t come on sit next to me." I looked around for Callie she was sitting across the isle next to Disashi. "Just close your eyes and go to sleep and well be on the ground in no time." My face turned to panic. "I mean we’ll be landing safely in no time," he said slowly.

"If Travis finds out I’m afraid of flying he will never let me live it down." I said in a low voice.

"Don’t worry, Non, your secret’s safe with me." He said with a smile.

The plane ride was about four hours long. And we were all bored the whole time. Halfway through I fell asleep. When I woke up we had landed. We made our way outside where a shuttle bus was waiting to take us to the venue for the first show.

Once we arrived we all got off the bus. Travis took us around to meet everyone. First stop: Cobra Starship’s dressing room. "Hey everybody. I wanted to introduce you all to my sister and her friend," He said, "and my friend," He amended. "Callie."

"So this is the famous Non and Callie. Travis told us a little about you both. I’m Gabe Saporta, this is Victoria Asher, that’s Ryland Blackinton and that’s Alex Suarez; oh and I almost forgot Nate Novarro."

"Hi, it’s nice to meet you," Callie said shaking his hand.

Victoria came over and gave us both hugs. "I’m so relieved to see other girls on this tour. You have no idea how weird it can get with just boys around," she said smiling.

"So come on I’m going to introduce the girls to the others you guys want to come?" Travis said.

Gabe jumped up. "I’ll come," he said his eyes never leaving Callie. We left that room and went to the next one The Academy’s dressing room.

"Hey Bill, this is my sister and my friend Callie. William Beckett, Adam Siska, Andy Mrotek but most people call him "The Butcher", Michael Chislett, and Mike Carden."

"Hey Travis, its time for our sound check come on." Eric called from outside.

"I gotta go. You guys hang out here, then I’ll take you to meet everyone else later, okay?" he said leaving us.

"Hey Darling," Bill said. "Its nice to see some fresh blood this time around." He had this sincerity that just let me know he was really happy to see new people.

"I just hope we have fun," I said.

"I’ll make sure you of it," he said and I knew he meant it.

Chapter 8

It was really great finally getting to meet all of these people that Travis always talks about. I must admit. Nonnie and I are fans of these bands first so meeting them was a little weird. But they were all really nice so it made it easier. At first it was just Non and me hanging out with The Academy Is and Gabe, they were so crazy especially Gabe.

Then, Vicky-T came in and started asking us questions about ourselves. At first, the boys were still playing around but eventually I noticed that they were all listening to our conversation. Gabe came and sat down next to me. He seems very interested in learning about Non and I considering we were ordinary girls from Geneva, NY.

Then in walked the guys of Fall Out Boy. I couldn’t believe I was actually meeting them but I had to play it cool. Non and I stood up to introduce ourselves. Now, I’m not going to qualify to play in the WNBA anytime soon but man, were these boys short. At first the boys were just taking and laughing with the other bands but then Pete must have noticed Nonnie standing there.

"Hi, I’m Pete," he stuck out his hand to her.

"Hi, I’m Nonnie," she replied, shaking his hand.

"Travis' sister, Nonnie," he asked.

"Yeah," she said excitedly almost as though she were surprised that he knew who she was.

"And that must make you, Callie," he said extending his hand to me as well.

"You know who am I too," I asked incredulously.

He chuckled, "Of course, Travis talks about his two little sisters all the time. It’s really nice to meet you both. I kind of feel like I know you guys already."

"Same here," I laughed. We both met the other members of the band who hugged us and tried to make us feel welcome.

"It’s really great that you guys were able to make it out with us," said Patrick, "Maybe now Travis can stop talking about it." He chuckled. And so did everyone else in the room.

"What do you mean," Nonnie asked.

"Travis has been talking about getting you guys to come out on the road with them for the longest time," Gabe interjected.

"Really," I asked surprised.

"I got the impression this was a last minute decision," said Nonnie reading my mind.

"Naw," said William, "He’s been looking forward to it." Just knowing that made me smile a little inside.

Then Travis and the boys returned from soundcheck. "I see you guys have met! Hey listen, so I just got a phone call and the guys who are supposed to be doing our merch can’t make it. Do guys know anyone we can call?"

Nonnie and I looked at each other instantly, both thinking the same exact thing. "We’ll do it Trav," she spoke up.

"Yeah we’ll do it," I said echoing her sentiment, "We don’t want to just hang out all tour. We’ll help anyway we can."

He looked at us skeptically but he really didn’t have a choice. "Ok, come on I’ll show you guys what to do." We stood up to follow him out to the merch table. The gates hadn’t opened yet it was still very early but we could already see kids lined up in the distance. After the boys showed us what to do we headed backstage again.

Nonnie and I hung out like flies on the wall in the boys dressing room while they warmed up. Travis warmed up his voice and Matt played a little mini drum set to warm up his arms. From the other dressing rooms I could hear the other bands doing the same. There was excitement in the air as everyone geared up for the opening show. There were sure to be pranks, there were sure to be mistakes, but it was definitely sure to be fun.