Chapter 19,20

Chapter 19

(Nonnie)

I reluctantly went to the TAI bus. Bill wouldn’t let go of my hand. I’d promised that I would spend the night on the FOB bus with Pete.

"So Non did you have fun on our first date?" I just rolled my eyes this was getting old really quick. "Oh come on you know it wasn’t that bad," he was right. I ended up having a good time but I still wanted to get back to Pete.

"Yeah Okay I had a good time, but I knew I would cause you and I get along so well as friends." I stressed the word friends.

"I think there’s something more there," he said with a smile as we boarded the bus.

"I can tell you there’s not," I said. He just smiled and pulled me toward the bunks. "And what exactly do you think were doing tonight?"

"Well you are spending the night here with me, but we are only sleeping. What kind of guy do you think I am," he said smiling down at me.

"I can't…uh…I have …no uh…Travis will be worried."

"As many nights as you've spent on the FOB bus; I doubt he will care. So come on you can borrow some PJ's." He handed me a t-shirt and pair of PJ pants with a Santi print. I went back to their bathroom and changed. Then I came out to the bunks. He actually had a bunk not a queen-size bed in the back of the bus. I climbed into his bunk he was already there. It was a really tight squeeze with him being so tall. "Look I can just go get on my bus."

"Too late we've already started on the road." He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer against his body. "Just go to sleep." he said. I found it very hard to relax. I kept thinking about Pete. Finally I let sleep take over.

I woke up with Bill's arms possessively still around me. I tried to get up with out waking him but he was holding on really tight. Finally I gave in and said, "Bill I have to go to the bathroom." He groaned and let me go I went toward the back of the bus; stopping along the way to pick up my sidekick and closed the door. It was still early I hoped Pete would answer his phone.

"Hello."

I heard his voice come over the line and I got excited. "Hey."

"Oh what happened to you last night?"

Should I tell him about Bill knowing about us? "Uh…Nothing… I just thought I’d spend some time on the TAI bus," I said. No need for both of us to worry.

"My bed was all empty last night, I missed you."

"Yeah I bet you did," I said smiling at the thought of him missing me. "Look I’ll see you later when we get to the venue okay."

"Yeah okay."

"And get some sleep," I said hanging up. I opened the door and bumped right into Bill. "Good morning."

"Just had to get your Pete fix huh," he said smiling.

"Shut up," I said laughing, then he snatched my phone. I didn’t even make an effort to get it back; I’d spoken the person I wanted to. I went and laid back down in the bunk Bill climbed in behind me and nuzzled against my neck. "Bill ,stop," I said. He sighed and stopped.

The next time I woke up we had arrived at the venue. Bill was already up, I wanted a shower. I got up and picked up my clothes I went into the bathroom changing quickly. I hopped of the bus happy to have my freedom. I headed straight to my bus to pick up my toiletries, then I rushed over to the FOB bus. Patrick was sitting in the common area when I boarded the bus.

He’s not here," he said, "He had some Press stuff to do before the show."

"It’s okay I was hoping to get a shower." I didn’t want to show my disappointment. I went to the shower stall and let the hot water wash away the worry I had. Bill wouldn’t really tell would he, I mean he is my friend. I finished in the shower and went to my bus. I sat down on the couch in the common area. Callie walked out the back.