Chapter 39, 40

Chapter 39

(Nonnie)

After the fight with Cay I was on a natural high, I’d been waiting for Callie to lose patience with that girl since…well since I met her. We were headed toward Patrick, but I still hadn’t told Callie about last night. She seemed a little less concentrated on the whole Travis/ Gabe thing so I pulled her toward the ladies room. "What? I thought we were going to…" I put my hand over her mouth.

"I had sex with Pete." Her eyes bugged, I’m happy that I shocked her cause that meant she wouldn’t be yelling at me for putting my hand over her mouth.

"Are we happy or sad about this?" She said trying to feel out what she should say to me.

"I think I love him."

"Non, no offense but shouldn’t that come before the sex?"

"You could talk Miss Saporta. No, I know I love him, I knew before," I said smiling to myself, "The only problem is that now I’m freaking out cause I don’t know how he feels. I know that he doesn’t wanna move this thing too fast. I mean it took about a month to get him to ask me to be his girlfriend and that was only to stake his claim, before Bill could."

"Hey I loved Gabe in my own way," she laughed, "and seriously Non do you see the way he looks at you?"

"Yeah, but Travis bought out a good point, about how he and I have no pictures together. I mean even the ones of me and him on the internet are photoshopped. He and Ashlee had pics everywhere."

"Non, don’t compare the two. They are both famous you are not."

"Yeah but you know if Pete wanted us out there we would be." She knew I was right.

"Maybe he just wants to see how things work out before the press gets a hold of the relationship. If you remember when he and Ashlee broke up, he was always in a bad mood because they kept asking questions." I started to worry maybe he was just waiting to break up with me. It must have shown on my face cause she added, "And no this doesn’t mean that he’s about to break up with you, he’s probably just taking precautions. Besides at least you narrowed it down to one guy."

"Sorry to dump all this on you, I only meant to tell you about last night, but then…"

"It’s okay, that’s what best friends are for."

"Why did the fight with Cay start?" I was curious what would cause her to finally have had enough of her.

"I don’t wanna talk about it yet, I've gotta get some things straight in my head."

"Okay, lets go dance and drink ourselves into oblivion," I said; we both really needed to unwind.

"You know Pete’s not going to let you get drunk."

"Who’s daddy is he?" I said copping an fake attitude.

"Well according to last night, yours," she said laughing.

We left the bathroom. Not long after that the party started to wind down. Everyone was tired and all headed to our separate buses. We would be driving all night until we got to Philadelphia, PA. Where the next show was being held.

I changed quickly into my pajamas and crawled into bed. Pete followed close behind in pajama pants and no shirt. Once again showing me that fantastic tattoo. I was actually happy to be leaving home again. I’d gotten used to waking up in a new city each day. Call me crazy, but I liked the unknown. I snuggled close to Pete and fell asleep listening to the beat of his heart.

***************************************************************************************************

"Peeete," I whined pulling the cover over my head, "Turn off the light."