Chapter 23,24

Chapter 23

(Callie’s POV)

Before the show, I wandered into Cobra’s dressing room. My mission: destroy Victoria. I found her sitting in a chair in the corner so I pulled up a chair. As soon as I sat down she burst out, "Oh my god, me and my big mouth! I’m so sorry! What happened?"

"Fortunately every thing's fine even after she found us in my bunk together I convinced her it wasn’t what it looked like and that we just need to work on our friendship." She looked relieved.

"Well, that’s good. But you still need to her or she’s going to figure it out on her own."

"I know Travie and I decided to tell her tonight after the show I guess. I’m so relieved, it’s been torture lying to her for so long." Suddenly all of our attentions turned toward the door as we saw TAI, FOB, GCH, along with much of the crew rush past the door.

"What’s going on," Nate wondered out loud.

Then, Andy stuck his head in the room and said, "Pete and Travis are fist fighting."

"What," I said incredulously as Cobra and I joined the crowd of people heading to FOB dressing room. I pushed my way into the room and saw Non on the other side of the room yelling at them to stop.

"Travis! Peter! Stop it! Why isn’t anybody breaking them up," I yelled at the crowd of people who were all just standing around watching instead of trying to help. I rushed over to Nonnie and put my arms around her.

"Oh my god what happened?"

Then her eyes gave way to tears. "Travis, came in and he caught Pete and I making out and he just started punching him and they won’t stop," she said in between sobs.

"You and Pete making out," I repeated. She shook her head yes. That’s when I realized that she was standing there in her bra. I looked around quickly and found her shirt on the couch and handed it to her. "Will someone stop them," I yelled again after Pete threw a punch then ended in Travis having a bloody nose and I noticed Pete’s right eye was already being to swell.

Suddenly Charlie and Tre came through the crowd and pulled the boys apart. "Now what is going on here," Charlie commanded still holding Pete back.

"He was in here hooking up with my sister, man!" I saw everyone start to look at Nonnie and whisper amongst themselves. I stood in front of her defensively.

"Look man I’m sorry! But we weren’t just hooking up, I like her," Pete responded.

"Everyone knows you’re terrible with women, Pete. I’m not going to let my sister get hurt by you!"

"Oh and you're better with women!" Nonnie stepped out from behind me, "Travis, stop it I like him. And I can handle myself."

"No you can’t you’re young. He’s gonna walk all over you. Man, you know how protective I am of my sister, how dare you put your hands on her! Come on Nonnie, we’re going home. I’m done with this."

Suddenly Victoria stepped out into the middle of the room and spoke. "I knew this was going to happen. You guys and your secrets, you knew it would ruin the tour but you did it anyway. Between Pete and Nonnie sneaking around behind Travis’s back and Travis and Callie hooking up behind Nonnie’s back it’s no wonder you…" She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand realizing what she had just said.

I turned slowly to face Nonnie. "What did she just say," she said angrily.

Say it with me now. "Oh crap."

(Nonnie’s POV)

I couldn’t believe what I’d just heard. "Look Non it’s…" Callie began.

"Travis how long have you and my best friend been sneaking around behind my back?" He just looked down and away from me. "Has it always just been about you getting closer to him or did you even care about me," I said turning to look at Callie. "Were you even going to tell me, or just keep it a secret until you got the two of you broke up and I’d have to pick up the pieces?"

"Non I can explain…" Travis started, moving to stand next to Callie.

"No, your nothing but a hypocrite you’re doing the same thing as me."

"No," he said looking me dead in the eye. "It's not the same. Pete just needs a warm body next to him. I...I love Callie." I immediately turned to look at her but she was looking at Travis.

"You...you love me," she repeated. Was she serious? She was about to lose her best friend and she still only cared about Travis! I stepped forward and before I knew what was happening, my hand was raised and headed for Callie’s face.

Travis grabbed my hand before it made contact. "Non don’t do something you will regret."

"Oh so your going to choose her over me?"

"No, I’m going to stop you from ruining the best friendship you will ever have in your life."

"Oh," I said with a chuckle. "No Travis, you did an excellent job of that," I said snatching my hand away. I felt the tears coming to my eyes but I didn’t want all these people to see me cry so I fled from the room. I didn’t know where I was going but I was getting the hell out of there.

Chapter 24

(Callie)

We watched as Nonnie stormed out of the room. Pete looked at us before immediately running after her.

"Travie are you going to run after her," I asked.

"No she needs space," he said, "Hey the show's over guys." Everyone started filing out. Matt was the last to leave closing the door behind him.

I got a towel and a bottle of water and immediately started wiping Travie’s face and cleaning his bloody nose. “Are you ok?”

We sat down on the couch neither of us saying a word. Travis put his head in his hands, "We messed up this time Callie-Cat."

"You love me," I said with a big smile on my face.

He began to smile a little. "Callie, Nonnie's furious and really hurt."

"Yeah but you love me," I said still smiling.

"Yeah, I do."

I lean in closer putting our foreheads together. "I love you too, baby," I said before kissing him, "Now what are we going to do about Nonnie?"

"I don't know she needs some time to cool down. Then, maybe we can all talk about this."

"You really think that's going to make a difference?"

"I don't know, maybe. She's seen the kind of relationships I've had in the past. Maybe she'll get used to it when she sees how happy you make me." He pulled me in for another kiss.

I hated the way this turned out but somehow I always knew this was how it would end. My best friend was hurt and confused but at least we weren't hiding, we weren't lying anymore. And maybe Trav was right, she'd get used to it when she saw how happy we were; how great we were together. He loved me. Did he know how it felt to hear him say that?

I pulled away from our kiss before it went any further. "You have a show to do."

"Can you handle Nonnie by yourself at the booth tonight?"

"Of course, that is if she shows up."