Chapter 43, 44

Chapter 43

(Nonnie)

We sat in the common area of the bus, Pete’s arms wrapped possessively around me. It’d been a week since we had our fight and Pete was walking on eggshells around me. I could tell that he thought I hadn’t forgiven him. I wasn’t sure if I had myself, but I did know that I didn’t want to lose him. We were listening to the tracks that Patrick had asked me to be on at the beginning of the tour. I couldn’t believe how far we came since then. All the things that had happened, the fights, the making up, my falling in love with a rock star. I couldn’t believe that we only two weeks left. "Babe what’s wrong you sound great." Pete whispered into my ear. It went shivers down my spine having him that close. There he goes again.

"Nothing, I’m fine." I said we both knew I was lying, I started to sing the song that was playing. I was going to miss this, just sitting around hanging out with the guys. We only had two weeks left. There was never a dull moment here. Now I understood why Travis loved touring so much. It was like a new family, they all looked out for each other and all got along. Most of the time, if there was a problem they had to work it out cause they were around each other constantly. As the song came to an end Pete got up and grabbed my hand pulling me to my feet as well. We walked off the bus it was a pretty nice day out, sunny and warm. "You gonna tell me what’s wrong?"

"Not really," I said knowing that he wouldn’t let it drop.

"Come on,"

"I was just thinking about how after the tour your going to LA, and I’m headed back to NY for college. I’m going to miss you." I said. I didn’t tell him that when I left I was going to break it off between the two of us. Long distance relationships never worked, and I wanted us to still be friends after this whole thing.

"Or…" he said looking away from me.

"Or what?"

"You could come with me to LA," my mouth fell open. "I…I love you and I don’t want to be away from you, I know that you don’t want the whole long distance relationship thing. I don’t either. So come with me to LA. You got into Columbia, I’m sure you can get into a great school and LA."

"Pete…I…"

"I don’t want you to answer right now. I want you to think about it, okay." I nodded and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I hugged his waist as we walked around the venue.

I stood behind the merch table in my own little world. "Non, I know there’s something going on with you but I really could use some help." Callie said. I snapped out of it and started to help the customers. They still occasionally asked for a picture with Callie or I and we would tell them maybe after the show. I watched Pete on stage, he was full of energy and I was proud of him, I was in love with him. I hadn’t told Callie about his asking me to move in with him and I wasn’t going to. She was bias she would say go to school so that we would be close to each other. I we hurriedly packed up the merch and headed back to the buses. Tomorrow was an off day and we would be staying in a hotel for two nights.

"Babe, I’m going to ride on the TAI bus okay," I said looking Pete in the eye.

"Are…did…" I smiled.

"I just need to be by myself to think, I’ll meet you at the hotel room okay." I kissed him and made my way onto the other bus. Sisky and Mike sat in the common area. I had to laugh, I always did around Sisky, why cause I’d seen his but more on this tour than I’d seen Pete’s and I was sleeping with him. "Hey where’s Bill?"

"He’s in his bunk," they said looking up at me. I went back to the bunks and saw that Bill was sitting with a notebook and pen.

"What you writing?"