Chapter 27,28

Chapter 27

(Nonnie)

"What’s her problem," I said watching Callie storm off. I headed back to the FOB bus. There was no way I was ready to go back to that bus with Travis and Callie being all lovie dovie.

I was almost on the bus when Travis grabbed my arm and started pulling me toward the GCH bus. "Travis what are you doing," I said wrenching my arm free.

"I’m taking you where you belong," He said grabbing my arm again.

"I belong on that bus," I said pointing to the FOB bus, "with my boyfriend just like you belong on that bus with your girlfriend." I spat out the word "girlfriend" like it was spoiled milk.

"Stop acting like a baby and come on," he said.

"Oh I’m the one acting like a baby. How about what you did tonight on stage," I said pulling my arm free once again.

"Look I didn’t name any names. They had no clue who I was talking about." He grabbed me again this time throwing me over his shoulder.

"Travis put me down," I screamed bringing everyone out to see what was happening.

"Mom trusted me to take you on tour that means you have to listen to me."

Then I felt someone pulling me down from Travis’ shoulder. When my feet touched the ground Pete stepped in front of me.

"Pete stay out of this. It’s none of your business."

"It is my business," Pete said grabbing my hand. "Anything having to do with Non is my business. Just like anything having to do with Callie has to do with you." Then he turned and walked me onto the FOB bus.

Chapter 28

(Callie)

I didn’t know what to do so I just watched as Nonnie and Pete walked back to the FOB bus. Travis was still worked up, he started kicking a nearby trash can.

“Travie…” I began. “Just calm down,” I stepping behind him and putting my arms around his waist.

“Don’t tell me to calm down, Callie!” He pushed me off of him.

“Hey what’s your problem!”

“You!”

“Me? What did I do?”

“This is all your fault! You and I were never supposed to happen! We never should have hooked up and if you hadn’t distracted me, I would’ve realized something was going on with Nonnie sooner. Bringing the two of you on tour was a mistake. I should have known better, you're both a bunch of sluts anyway.” He walked off towards the bus.

“Travis,” I called after him, “Don’t walk away from me.” As he slammed the bus door behind him, I burst into tears. I knew there was still a crowd standing around watching. I didn’t know where I was going but I started walking away. I kept walking in the dark but slowed down when I heard footsteps behind me.

When I turned around Gabe was standing in front of me. “Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” I said trying to calm my sobs.

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know…away.”

“The buses are going to leave soon.”

“Well I can’t go back to my bus.”

“Ok, so come with me on mine.”

I thought about it. I really didn’t have a choice. It was either that or figure out how to get home from wherever the heck we were. I followed Gabe back to Cobra’s bus. When we reached the bus, the rest of the band went to their bunks leaving us alone in the front lounge. Gabe handed me a box of tissues and I began to clean myself up. Gabe sat at the table across from me with two glasses and a bottle of tequila. He poured me a glass. I took a shot and let the warmth of the alcohol wash over me.