Chapter 41, 42

Chapter 41

I’d promised myself that I wouldn’t shed another tear over Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, as I left the merch table. That didn’t happen as I made my way onto the TAI bus, tears fell silently. Then I realized that he would look for me there. The only bus he wouldn’t look for me on was the GCH bus. I didn’t have a choice, I would try to avoid Travis. I didn’t want to hear I told you so or for him to go start more trouble with Pete.

I ran across the parking lot and onto the other bus. The guys were thankfully preoccupied, and as I ran past them they didn’t even acknowledge my presence. I didn’t see Travis anywhere he was probably still helping the crews pack up. I headed strait for my old bunk, as I pulled back the curtain a bunch of junk fell out. I picked that stuff up and put it into Callie’s old bunk, then moved the rest of the junk that had been put there for storage into Callie’s bunk too. Then climbed in and pulled the blanket over my head. I lay there for a few minutes praying for sleep to come.

Then I heard someone walking between the bunks. I held my breath. Then whoever it was stuck there hand into the bunk and dropped a book on my head “Ouch!” my hands flew over my mouth, and Travis pulled back the curtain.

“Non?” surprise was written across his face.

“Hey,” I said nervously.

“Uh what are you doing here?”

“Sleeping,” he didn’t smile, I remember what Callie had said at the merch table, how I looked like hell.

“What happened?”

“Nothing.”

“Come on Non,” he climbed into the bunk with me. It was really cramped. “Talk to your big brother.”

“Nothing,” I had to think fast, “It’s just that I realized that the tour is almost over, and we will all be splitting up.”

“Bull!” he said I heard a little anger in his voice. “Non tell me the truth,”

“I don’t wanna talk about it Travis. Just let me sleep please.” I tried to look as pitiable as possible.

“Fine,” he said climbing out of my bunk, “Do you need anything?”

“No thanks,” I smiled a little at his being so caring.

“I’ll be on the FOB bus okay,”

“Travis.”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t tell Pete I’m here,”

“Aren’t you a bit old for hid and seek?” he’d set a trap and I’d just fallen for it. “What happened?”

“It’s not…”

“Did he hurt you?” yes but not the way your probably thinking.

“No, I just needed a little space so I came here. Okay?” I was getting frustrated with my dear older brother.

“Okay,” he said letting it drop, he closed the curtain and I turned over, all of a sudden I could smell Pete again. It was comforting. I realized I was still wearing his hoodie from earlier. I prayed for sleep to come as tears soaked my pillow. This was getting ridiculous.

****************************************************************************************************

“Nonnie,” someone was shaking my shoulder. “Nonnie wake up.” I opened my eyes against their protest they felt swollen. Callie had opened the curtain of my bunk. “Move over. I looked all over for you before Travis told me you were in here. He’s a little worried about you.”