Chapter Five

I was back behind my desk when my phone rang, I sighted pressing the speaker button on.

“Hello,” I said as I kept typing on my keyboard.

“Hey sweeti, how’s it going?” my dad’s deep voice filled the office.

“Everything’s going great dad, how about you?” I could hear the sound of a band playing in the background.

“It’s perfect, listen I’m going to need you to hold down the fort for me a little longer,” he said. I just knew this would happen, I knew he would delay getting back here.

“Dad it’s been two weeks already, how long do you plan on staying there?” where-ever the hell he is, he better get his wrinkly ass back here.

“Well I was thinking another two weeks, relax if you need anything just ask Tim. Bye honey, I love you,” and then he hung up.

 I can’t believe he just hung up on me.

I went back to Chace’s case; I was typing up the last of his divorce settlement. We were going to meet his wife tomorrow for a meeting; correction his ex-wife.

After the park I couldn’t seem to get him of my mind. It’s like I was obsessed with him, I mean who wouldn’t be. He was smart, handsome and rich, not that I was a materialistic girl or something. But when you meet your crush after so many years, you kinda want to think that this is your chance to be with him again.

Hold on there Sara, he’s your client. There is no way you‘re getting it on with him ever!

I scolded myself, because it was true. No dating clients, ever!

I stopped typing my reports and sat there staring at the wall; I was going to lose my mind if I kept this up. And then it hit me, I needed a night out with my girls. I got my cellphone out and dialed Belle’s number and waited for her to pick it up.

“Hello,” she answered on the fourth ring.

“Hey, get your sexy ass dressed because we’re going out tonight,” I said.

“Are you drunk?” she asked.

“No, but I really really need to have some fun before I lose it and start killing people,” I begged her for another five minutes until she agreed. “Great, so call up Ellen and Monica and tell them to meet us at the club. Bye babe,” I closed the phone before she could change her mind.

I leaned back on my chair, closing my eyes and trying to relax. I seriously needed to take a break from this.

Three hours later and I was on the dance floor, dancing my heart out with my friends. I haven’t let loose in what seemed like forever. My tight red dress prevented me from breathing, but who cars I looked hot. I made my way over to Belle, who was sitting at a table in the corner of the dark club, drinking a martini.

“Oh my god, that was fun. You should go out there and shake your money maker,” I grabbed a drink from the table and swallowed it whole. It burned my throat a bit as it went down, but I would feel the pain tomorrow. Now, now is about having fun.

“No thanks I’m good, hey Sara honey when can we leave?” she asked, giving me a desperate look; she really hated going to nightclubs.

“Soon, just two more rounds,” I signaled the waitress for two more martinis.

A few minutes later I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned around and came face to face with…Owen.

“Hey neighbor,” I said grinning at him.

“Hey yourself,” he said, I couldn’t help but check him out. Wow he was really hot; you could tell he worked out because his white shirt clung to his hard muscles.