Chapter Eight

It was nine when I walked into the office to find Hayden sitting on the couch outside it.

“Um… hey,” I said as I approached him, he looked up from his Iphone and smiled. He had dark circles under his eyes and his shirt was a little wrinkled.

“Hey, sorry I know I’m early but I really need to talk to you,” I nodded my head in understanding.

“Come on in,” I opened the doors and switched on the lights as I headed to my desk; placing my things down on the table I pulled out my chair and took a seat. “So what’s up?”

I watched as he took a seat in front of my desk and yawned. “Sorry, I’ve had a bad night,”

“Here you go,” I handed him my coffee cup “you need it more than I do,”

“Thanks,” he drank half of it before looking at me again.

“What was so important you had to meet me here three hours before our scheduled meeting?” I rested my arms on my desk, waiting for him to answer.

“She cheated on me,” my eyes grew wide, at that comment.

“Are you sure?” I asked taking out Hayden’s file.

“Yeah, I got pictures of her making out with some guy and I found his boxers in my closet.” He drank the rest of his coffee, giving me time to register what he just said.

“Wait she signed a prenup, right?” I asked and he nodded. I found the paper and scanned it quickly. “That means she basically gets nothing since she cheated on you,”

“Yes, the only reason I found out was because of those stupid pair of Scooby doo boxers in my closet,” he chuckled as I gave him a weird look. “I know, so I called someone to follow her and he found them making out at the dude’s apartment. So the investigator asked around and the landlord said they’ve been going out for almost a year, can you imagine that. A year…”

“I’m so sorry Hayden,” I whispered.

“I’m not, I felt like a bad person because it was my idea to get the divorce and all this time she was going at it with some other guy,” he ran a hand through his messy hair.

“Well, I guess now you don’t have to give her anything besides some pocket change,” I smiled at him.

“I guess so… I’m sorry I came this early; it wasn’t exactly a great way to start your day. I just needed to talk to someone and I don’t really have any friends here. And the friends I do have are Tory’s, so talking to them would have been very awkward,” there was that word again friends… Wait I have Owen now, I shouldn’t mind being friends with Hayden.

But I do…

“No problem,” I pulled out my notebook and started writing down what I should say in the meeting with Tory today… That B**ch is going down.

                                                                   *********************

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think I heard you correctly. What do you mean you’re not giving me anything?” Tory exclaimed at me. I watched as her lawyer told her to calm down.

“What I mean is since you broke the prenup rules, you get nothing,” I said calmly giving her a smile.

Her blue eyes grew darker with rage “I never broke any rule,” she said angrily.

“What she means Tory that since you cheated on me, you get nothing but a very small amount of money,” Hayden said from his position next to me. He looked better after he went home to shower and change, more relaxed.

I watched as Tory’s eyes widen for a moment before she got her composer back. “I never cheated on you, never…” as a lawyer you can see the telling signs that someone is lying, Tory gave me a sign. Her jaw tightened…

“Well I guess this isn’t you in the picture making out with a mister Dylan Black,” I handed her a few pictures with her kissing a blond haired man. Her lawyer quickly grabbed them and looked them over.

“You know Tory you were very good at hiding it, but I guess the truth comes out eventually right babe,” Hayden said, sliding over a pair of Scooby doo boxers. Tory caught them and then I saw the shocked look on her face grew.

“so since my client is a decent person he’s giving you thirty thousand dollars as a going away present, and you can visit Chris if you want, just give him a call,” I handed her the divorce papers to sign and then I handed her the signed check after all the papers were complete.

 I watched her get up and leave with her lawyer close behind, probably making up ways to kill me in her head.

I turned to Hayden and grinned at him, he shook his head like he couldn’t believe what just happened.

“So that was fun,” I said as I got up, stretching the cramps in my arms.

“Very, so I guess I’m a free man,” he stood up and walked to the window.

“I guess so,” I came to stand next to him.

“Thank you Sara, you were amazing… that was probably the first time I saw Tory at a loss for words,” he turned to face me. “So we’re still on for our little celebration tonight?” he asked, arching a brow at me.

Say no…no Sara, it’s a bad idea…

“Definitely,” you’re screwed.

“Great, I’ll text you the address later,’ he gave me a hug and then left me standing there looking at his disappearing back.

 Well this is going to be interesting…

______________________________________________________

I'm soo sorry this was just a filler , but I will upload the next chapter soon enough :) 

VOTE if you're looking forward to their little celebration dinner ;D