Chapter Twelve

This was it, I was going to tell Owen that I wasn’t real feeling it between us. I mean not in those words, I’m sure I will come up with something good.

I walked down the hallway to his apartment; I faced the door, took a deep breath and knocked. A few second later the door opened, revealing a very naked Owen; well except for the white towel that covered his lower region.

“Hey Sara, what’s up?” he greeted me causally. My eyes were plastered to his abs.

I gave my head a slight shake as I glanced up at his face. “Hey… I was wondering if we could talk.”

“Come on in.” he stepped out of the way to let me in.

“Thanks.”

I walked into what looked like a living room, I really couldn’t tell since it was covered with medical books and journals. Chines take out boxes where all over the coffee table, I was actually mortified.

“Sorry about the mess, I just got back and no time to clean,” he smiled sheepishly at me.

“Uh… it’s fine.” He pointed at the couch and I went to sit down while he pulled a T-shirt on his naked torso. Then he came and took the seat next to me.

“So what did you want to talk about?” he asked flashing me a smile.

I really felt bad for doing this to him, but either way it wasn’t working out. We had nothing in comment and he was just too messy for my taste.

“I’m here to talk about us…” I looked him in the eye and just went for it “I don’t think this is working out.”

“What do you mean?” he raised a brow at me.

“I mean I don’t think we should see each other anymore. It’s just we don’t have anything in common. We are just too different,” I said helplessly.

“Oh… I see,” he got up and looked down at me.

“I’m really sorry Owen, I hope we can be friends,” I said those dreadful words as I got up. I knew there is no way in hell he’d want to be my friend.

“Thank you for your honesty.” I nodded my head; I guess this is my cue to leave.

As soon I was out the door, he shut it with a bang from behind me.

Note to self never date any of your neighbors. Ever…

I checked my watch it was still three in the afternoon, so I had plenty of time before my dinner date with Hayden. I decided to go visit Belle, I haven’t seen her kids in forever. I picked up a few snacks for the kids and then hailed a cab. The ride to her place was pure hell, considering this was rush hour.

I finally reached her place and knocked the door. I could hear the sound of two children running down the stairs, and then the door opened. Mike her seven year old yelled out my name before he flung himself at me, I quickly wrapped my arms around him.

“Hey did you miss me, superman.” I glanced behind him to see Zoe looking at me with huge curious eyes. For a three year old she was very tall, and very slim.

“Zoe… come here and give auntie Sara a hug.” Mike moved out of the way, as his sister came to wrap her arms around me. I lifted her in my arms and went inside closing the door behind us. “So where’s mommy?” I asked and they led me to the kitchen to where Belle was busy chopping fruit.

‘”You do realize that I could have been a kidnaper , right?” I put Zoe down and gave Belle a hug.

“Yes, you could have. But I really wouldn’t mind, I need a break.”