Chapter Thirteen

(Sara’s P.O.V)

I felt like hell in the morning, I didn’t sleep all night long. I was too afraid to close my eyes, and leave myself unprotected. I dressed quickly and made my way to the office. I knew I was becoming crazy, when I thought the door man wanted to kill me.

Maybe the letter was a joke? Yes, a joke. A stupid ass joke played by some neighborhood kids.

I wanted to believe that so badly; I needed to, so I can get on with my day.

I made my way to my office, saying good morning to Luna before walking in.

“Hey honey,” a deep voice greeted from behind my desk. I nearly had a panic attack when I heard the voice.

“Dad?” I watched as my father turned the chair towards me. “You scared me.”

“Sorry, I thought the chair thing would be fun,” he said as he got up. “Come here I missed you.” My father wasn’t a tiny man; he actually looked like Santa Claus. With his grey hair and moustache you would think that he’s old, and then you look into his light brown eyes and you could see how young he was at heart.

I walked into his open arms and gave him a hug. “I missed you too old man.”

“Well, I’m here now. Catch me up on what’s happening.”

And I did, we spent three hours going over paper works and client files. I lost track off time, until I heard my door knock.

“Come in,” I said as I went back to reading my paper.

“Good morning.” I looked up and saw that Hayden was standing by the door with Chris by his side.

“Good morning,” I greeted as I got up and went around the desk. I watched as my father stood up from his seat and looked at Hayden. “Dad, this is Hayden Bell and his son Chris.”

I smiled warmly at Chris; he must be intimidated by my dad’s height.

“It’s nice to meet you sir,” Hayden said as he came to shake my father’s hand.

“You too,” my dad just gave him a curt nod.

“Are we interrupting something?” Hayden asked as he looked over to me.

“No, we just finished. “ I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He was very causal today in a white shirt and faded out jeans. And Chris looked adorable in a jersey, which was a little too big for him, and shorts. “What’s up?”

“We made you a picnic,” Chris finally said, flashing me a smile.

“You did that’s awesome,” I bent down and gave him a hug.

“Well honey I better get going, it was nice meeting you all.” I watched as my dad left my office.

“I’m starving, how about we go to the park across the street and eating this wonderful picnic you guys made?” they both nodded their heads and we left.

We found a perfect spot under a huge oak tree to shade us from the hot sun, while we enjoyed the beautiful picnic Hayden prepared for us.

After spreading the blanket I sat down facing Chris, while his dad sat beside me. Hayden unpacked the sandwiches and the drinks. “Here you go,” he said as he handed me a turkey sandwich.

“Thanks.”

 Chris started eating the chicken sandwich that his dad unwrapped for him.

“So how was your day so far?” Hayden asked as he settled himself next to me, with a sandwich in his hand.