The Gig

Spencer walks through her front door closing it behind her. 'Tonight's the night. I wonder if they are still performing. I haven't seen Ashley since she dropped me off at my house.' With a shrug of her shoulders, Spencer takes out the homework that she was given, hoping to pass the time 'til she had to go to the club. 'I can't wait'

At the Davies house, Ashley, Aiden, and Jacy are just finishing up practice for the gig.

"Ok, guys, that was good. I think we'll do great." Ashley says.

"Course we'll do great Ash. We always do." Jacy says with a smile on her face. Ashley puts her guitar down and gives Jacy a forced smile. Without saying anything Ashley leaves the room, walking pass Kyla as she walks into the room.

"What happened?" Jacy and Aiden both shrug their shoulders.

"I dunno." They answer. Kyla looks at the door her sister walked through, deep in thought with a worried expression on her face. 'Man, I hope she's alright.'

Ashley makes her way to her Porsche. Getting in, she sits back against the seat with her eyes closed, the previous night going through her mind.

*Flashback*

She's at Gray drunk off her ass and high to boot. And who else is there with her but the one and only Jazz. The two girls are dancing up a storm on the dance floor becoming the center of attention.

"Come on, I'm thirsty." Jazz whispers into Ashley's ear. They both make their way to the bar and order three shots. Downing them, one after the other, Ashley turns and leans back against the bar counter, pulling Jazz into her by the waist.

"What you wanna do?" Ashley asks, her voice husky not even slurring a little. Jazz leans into Ashley more, whispering seductively into her ear. "I can think of a few things."

Placing her lips on to Ashley's neck, she slowly kisses a blazing trail up past her chin and capturing her lips in a fierce kiss. In the deep recesses of her mind, Ashley knows that she shouldn't be doing this. Jazz was like any other girl she had hooked up with. Meet with them more than once and they get attached. Ashley didn't want that, but it felt so good. And Jazz wasn't so bad. Pushing the annoying thoughts away from her already hazy mind, she turns her attention to the lips attacking hers. Jazz pulls away after awhile, both girls panting heavily.

"Let's get outta here." Jazz pants. Taking her by the hand, Ashley and Jazz leave. As they walk past an alley, Ashley shoves Jazz up against the wall, continuing the heavy make-out session they had started. As Ashley's hand trails down Jazz's hip they hear something and freeze. Pulling away, Jazz asks, "What was that?"

"I dunno. It was probably nothin'. Ignore it." They both start leaning into each other again when they hear something again.

"Ok, I know you heard that this time." Jazz pants lightly to Ashley. Ashley doesn't say anything, just slowly pulls back from Jazz reaching into her back pocket. A tall, lanky guy jumps out of the shadows and rushing at them in a half run, half stumble. Jazz screams in surprise and hides behind Ashley while Ashley pulls out what she was reaching for in her back pocket. A switch blade. Flipping it open, she tries to take a swipe at him. He steps back barely missing the swipe and Ashley shoves Jazz from behind her so she won't get hurt.

The guy tackles her to the ground giving her a sharp shot to the ribs. Ashley groans loudly at the pain but doesn't let up her hold on the blade as they struggle for it. Ashley can feel herself slowly losing the struggle, mind clouded from all the drinking and drugs in her system. Ashley feels a change in the guys grip as it loosens suddenly. Taking a quick glance up, she sees that Jazz gave him a kick to the side. Taking full advantage of the distraction, she gets control of the blade and shoves the lanky man off. They both hop up quickly and the guy comes charging at her again. This time her swipe catches her mark on the guys cheek. Screaming in pain, the guy holds his hand to his cheek. Taking advantage of his distraction, Ashley flips the blade and slams the handle of it into the guy's temple knocking him out.