Visiting Hours

Aiden slowly makes his way to Ashley's room, scared at what he'll see. 'God, I can't believe this is happening. This shouldn't be happening. Not to Ash.'

He reaches the door, slowly letting his hand reach for the door knob. He takes a deep breath before he pushes open the door. He pauses inside the door way to try and prepare himself for when he sees her. He closes the door and nearly collapses when he sees her. She's completely still on the bed with tubes and wires all around her. She's really pale, gauze wrapped around her head. Her face is covered in bruises and cuts, the blanket hiding the rest of the damage underneath. There's a breathing tube in her mouth, helping her breath. The only sign of life was Ashley's chest moving up and down. Walking up to her, he takes a seat in the chair near the bed, gently taking her hand.

"God, Ash. How did this happen?" he says, voice full of emotion.

"You know, I lost my job, well, I quit. My bitch of a boss wouldn't let me stay with the others. So, I went, and then I quit. I know I needed it but, I'll find another one." Aiden lets out a sad sigh.

"I really hope you wake up soon. I'm gonna go, give the others time, too."

Aiden stands up and places a gentle kiss on Ashley's forehead. He leaves the room, and runs into Jacy on the way back to the room Spencer, Kyla and Mr. Carlin are still in.

"Hey, where'd you go?" Aiden asks Jacy, as they head to the room.

"I um... went to see how Jazz was doing." Aiden pauses in his walk as he tries to figure out who Jazz is.

"Jazz? Who's Jaz... OH." Realization flashes over his face. He opens his mouth to say something, but Jacy cuts him off.

"Wait, before you say anything, I wanted to see how she was doing. I mean she has nobody coming to visit her. Her dad's out of town. And I talked to her and it looks like she knows that Ashley's crazy about Spencer and they agreed to be friends that's it and she's really nice once you talk to her and..." Aiden cuts her off. 'God do ALL girls talk in one breath when nervous?'

"Jacy, breathe." He says, placing his hands on her shoulders. Studying her face for a moment, he starts to smirk. "You like her, don't you?"

"What!? No, I don't. That's crazy! I just wanted to see if she was okay."

"Yeah, right." Aiden says, his smirk turning into a grin.

"Don't give me that look. I'm serious. I don't like her." The lanky drummer whines.

"Rightttt. I know you like her. I can tell." Aiden says, forgetting where he is for a moment and bouncing up and down like a five year old.

"Aiden stop, it'll never work." Jacy says, shaking her head. Thinking to herself, her eyes widen. 'Oh shit. How does he do that?'

Aiden smiles gently at her. "Jay, you can't doom it before you even try. Give it a try. See what happens. You never know. It could work out." Jacy nods her head, a small smile on her face.

"Thanks, Aiden."

"You're welcome."

They reach the room and walk through the door.

"You can go, Ky." Aiden says.

"How'd it go?" Kyla asks, walking up to him. Aiden sighs heavily.

"It was weird. I mean... I was always expecting her to just get up and say she was just joking, but It's real." Aiden says quietly. Kyla nods her head, putting her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"Well, she's gonna be fine. Right?" Kyla says. Aiden smiles down at her.

"Yeah, Now go on. I'll be here when you get back." Kyla smiles at him in return. Giving him a peck on the lips, she pulls away from him and walks out the door.

Kyla reaches the room and pauses at the door. She takes a deep breath to calm herself before pushing open the door. As Kyla walks through the door, she feels a lump form in her throat that she tries to swallow down. Slowly walking further into the room, she sees the pale figure laying motionless on the bed. The tears that she was holding back come spilling out full force. She makes her way to Ashley's side and takes her hand.

"God Ash." She barely makes out between her tears. She continues to cry for a few minutes before she composes herself.

"You better wake up soon. You better not leave me, okay?" Kyla chokes out. She sucks in a deep breath.

"You're the only family I have. I mean, yeah I have my mom, Aiden and Jacy and Spencer, but you're my sister. I... I don't want to lose you. So... so you need to wake up. Please?" Kyla holds her breath for a second, willing Ashley to open her eyes, wanting to see that annoyed, amused look only her sister could give her. But, of course, it doesn't happen. Kyla shakes her head as she feels a new batch of tears on the way.

"I'm gonna go so I can give Jacy and Spencer a chance. I love you, Ashley. Please wake up soon." With that, Kyla plants a gentle kiss to her sister's head and turns and walks out of the room, heading back to Spencer and the others.

She walks back into the room and walks over to Aiden. He puts his arms around her, trying to offer as much comfort as he can.

"You can go Jay." She says, sniffling.

"Okay." Jacy says quietly, nervous about going to see Ashley. Jacy stands from the chair she's sitting on and heads toward the door. 'Here goes nothing.'

Jacy sits next to Ashley's bed, holding her hand, and wiping the odd tear that falls down her face. She's been sitting there for the last five minutes, getting over the mini-shock she had when entering the room.

"I really wish you'd wake up." Jacy states quietly.

"Everyone's missing you. Especially Spencer." Jacy chuckles sadly as something comes to mind.

"You know, I checked up on you friend, Jazz. Aiden has this crazy idea that I like her. I guess I do. Is that weird? Considering that you two were... you know?" Jacy pauses then continues talking.

"I mean, I think she likes me too." She shifts in her chair and continues to talk softly.

"She's okay. Just a broken arm and a mild concussion. Couple of bruises. She wanted to come see you but the doctors won't let her leave bed just yet. A cautionary measure I guess." Jacy pulls out her phone and her eyes widen when she sees how long she's been in with Ashley.

"I'm gonna get Spencer okay." Not expecting an answer from her comatose friend, Jacy stands from her chair, and just like Kyla and Aiden, places a gentle kiss on Ashley's head.

"Hey, Spence?" Spencer looks up as Jacy walks in. The room had been silent since Jacy had left.

"You can go see her." Jacy says quietly. Spencer nods her head and gets off the bed.

"You want me to go with you, honey?" Mr. C asks.

"No." Spencer says and leaves the room to go see the girl that stole her heart.