Little Too no Hope

Spencer's P.O.V

*Dream*

"Ashley!" I scream, but I don't think she can hear me, let alone see me with her body convulsing wildly. I see her head turn towards me and our eyes connect.

"I'm sorry, Spencer." Is what I hear before the heart monitor flat lines for the last time.

"Ashley! NO! Ashley!"

*End Dream*

Spencer shoots up from the bed she's laying on, tears cascading down her face. 'That was some crazy dream.'

"Spencer? Spence? Are you okay?" Turning her head to the voice, Spencer sees her mother and Jacy standing nearby.

"Oh, Thank God you're okay. I was so worried about you." Paula hugs her daughter close to her.

"But..." Spencer starts off confused, "Mom, what happened?"

"You fainted."

"I did? But why would I..." Memories of what happened come back. Seeing she's in a hospital room, immediate panic sweeps through Spencer's body. 'Oh, shit! That wasn't a dream.'

"Oh my God, Ashley! Is she okay? How is she? I gotta go see..." Spencer starts scrambling on the bed to jet across the room to find Ashley when Jacy cuts her off.

"Spencer! Calm down. You can't see her right now." Spencer sits back on the bed and takes a deep breath before speaking again.

"Why?" Her voice cracks as she asks that one question, scared of what the answer might be. Paula and Jacy look at each other. Jacy's eyes cloud over with tears as she decides to answer.

"She's uh... still in critical condition. The doctors say they want to make sure she's properly stabilized before she has visitors. She's um... she... she's in a coma Spence." Spencer sits there, shock clearly written across her face. For a few minutes it's quiet, then small sobs can be heard from the bed. Not saying anything, Paula pulls Spencer in a tight hug. Spencer clings to her mother's shirt as she cries.

"Dr. Carlin to the ER please. Dr. Carlin to the ER." Paula sighs as she slowly pulls away from Spencer.

"I gotta go honey. Will you be okay?" Spencer slowly nods her head as she wipes away her tears.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Go on."

"Okay." Paula kisses Spencer on the top of her head. Going over to Jacy, she gives her a gentle one armed hug, then turns to head out the door.

"Bye Sweetie. Bye Jacy."

"Bye mom."

"Yeah, uh... see ya , Mrs. Carlin." Jacy says, in surprise because of the hug.

The two sit in silence when Spencer speaks quietly.

"Where's Kyla?"

"She's in the family room, waiting for the okay to see Ashley. Aiden's with her too." Jacy says.

"Aiden? I thought he left?" Spencer says with confusion on her face. Jacy smiles a little.

"Well, that's the thing about Aiden. No matter what, he's there for his family. He quit and came back a while ago." Spencer nods her head, a small smile on her face as well.

"Wait, a while ago? How long was I out for?" Jacy looks up at Spencer and answers.

"About an hour and a half, two hours tops."

"Wow." Spencer says, surprise written on her face.

"Yeah, you really..." Jacy is cut off by the door opening. Kyla, Aiden and Dr. Johnson walk into the room.

"Hello, you two." Dr. Johnson greets Spencer and Jacy. They give a little wave to the doctor waiting for him to continue.

"Well, as I'm sure you want to know, Ashley is stable so, I'm gonna allow visitors." Seeing the looks on their faces, he can tell what question they had on their minds.

"Before you ask, we don't know when she'll wake up. It could be days, weeks, maybe months. But she's a fighter. I guess she has something she's fighting for." He looks at everyone but his eyes linger on Spencer. Spencer blushes a little by the look on the doctor's face.

"Anyway, I can only allow one person at a time. She's still in ICU, just to be safe. We're gonna keep her there over night then we'll move her to a room tomorrow. If you need me just have me paged okay."

"Thanks." Kyla speaks for the group. Dr. Johnson nods his head and walks out the room.

"Okay, so who..." Aiden starts but is interrupted by another voice.

"Spence?" Arthur's head pops through the side of the slightly open door.

"Dad?" New tears make it's way down her face as Arthur makes his way into the room. He sends a small, warm smile to the rest of the teenagers as he pulls Spencer into his arms. The others in the room turn away a little to give the two Carlins a little privacy. After a few minutes, Spencer pulls away trying to regain her composure.

"Gosh, all I've been doing is crying. Dad, what are you doing here?"

"Your mother called. Your brothers wanted to come but I told them to stay."

"It's okay dad. I'm just glad you're here." Spencer says.

"I'll always be here for you Spence." Arthur says. Spencer wipes the tears away with the sleeve of her shirt then turns toward her friends.

"Who wants to go first?" Spencer asks looking around at everyone. Nobody answers for a little while. Aiden speaks up.

"I'll go." Everyone nods their heads.

"I'll go after Aiden." Kyla says.

"I can go after Kyla. Unless, you wanna go Spence." Jacy says.

"No, I'll go last." Jacy nods her head.

"Aiden turns toward the door. "We'll here goes nothing'" And with that, he walks out the room.