Hospital No More

A couple days later

Spencer P.O.V

It's almost been a week since Ashley woke up and she's gotten so much better. I mean minus the physical therapy she has to do when she gets out she's doing great and I'm so happy that she's doing better.

"Spencerrrrrrrr." Ashley whines and I'm snapped out of my thoughts.

"Ashleyyyyyyyyyy." I whine back with a smile. She's been complaining about getting out of the hospital ever since Dr. Johnson had told her he might let her out early.

Ashley just pouts at me, crossing her arms as best she can, considering the left one is still in a cast, and God she looks so cute doing that.

I giggle at her. "You know you're cute when you pout."

"I'm NOT cute." And I swear she pouts even more. Damn. She's really making it hard for me not to lean over and kiss her.

Ashley P.O.V

Gosh, Spencer is beautiful. I can't wait to get out of here. And I swear if she keeps calling me cute I might just.... OH It's the doc.

"Sup doc." Haha I've always loved Bugs Bunny. He just smiles at me.

"Hello Ashley. Hi Spencer."

"Hi Dr. Johnson." Spencer greets back.

"Well, Ashley I've got some great news for you."

"Really!? What?!" I ask, hoping he's going to tell me I can leave.

"Since you've been doing so well, I'm allowing you to go home today."

"SERIOUSLY?!" I practically shout out, making sure he's for real and not pulling my leg. He gives me that same doctor smile. It's all nice and kind like. I had been uncomfortable at first not used to many people giving me that smile but doc is a cool guy.

"Seriously. But on the condition you stay on bed rest for at least another week. I'm serious. You still have a little ways to heal. So no excessive activities for a couple days, okay."

"Don't worry Dr. Johnson. I'll make sure she gets her rest." Spencer says smiling. She glances at me and I just raise an eyebrow. You have no idea the kind of dirty thoughts of Spencer I just had because of what was said. I guess she caught on because a bright red blush immediately covers her face.

A mischievous smirk crosses my lips and I turn back to the doctor.

"Alright. So let me get your release papers. Um... Is your mother around? I know it sucks but technically you're still a minor." Dr. Johnson says.

My face falls a little when he says that. Christine probably has no idea I'm even in here. I haven't since her since I don't even know when the last was that I saw that woman. Before I can give the doc an answer Spencer speaks up.

"Um... would it matter to you if my mom signs it?" I just look at the doc with a hopeful expression on my face.

"Yes, of course. Anything for my favorite patient and her girlfriend." Spencer turns bright red when doc says that and I just burst out laughing at the blush covering her face.

"Nah, Spence here is my bestest bud ever." I say grabbing her hand and looking at her. When I do, I swear I see a flash of hurt cross her eyes. Then disappointment. Damnit! I hadn't meant to hurt her feelings but it is true. But I intend to change that really soon. I just gotta get out of this fucking hospital first. Dr. Johnson just shrugs, a knowing look on his face.

"Alright. Well let me page her and get these signed. And then you, my dear, are free to go."

"Thanks so much doc." I say seriously with a genuine smile. He really has done a lot for me considering I'm still here in the land of the livin' and I want him to know despite me being all jokey and a bit difficult, I really appreciate all he has done for me. By the look he's giving me now, he understands what I'm thanking him for.

"It's was my pleasure." And with that, he's out the door.

Spencer's P.O.V

Ashley and I are in the car as I drive to her house. It hurt to hear her say that I was just her best bud. But I know it's the truth. I just really wish it wasn't. I had called Kyla before we left the hospital and she said that everything was going according to plan. I planned a little welcome home party for Ashley. Kyla, Aiden, Jacy, Jazz, Glenn and Clay are all at the house setting up.

Twenty minutes later I'm pulling into the Davies' Mansion. I shut off the engine and turn to Ashley.

"Ash? Hey Ash, we're here." I whisper quietly, gently shaking her awake so as not to startle her. She stirs and turns sleepy eyes towards me. God, She's adorable.

"Wha?" she mumbles out in that raspy voice that drives me crazy.

"We're here. Come on." She just nods her head with a sleepy smile on her face. I get out of the car and go around to her side and open her door.

"Alright cuteness, lets get you into the house." I say teasingly.

"Not cute" She mumbles out accompanied with the adorable pout that I love. I giggle at her as I help her out of the car and towards the door. As we get closer to the front door I realize there's a girl that I don't recognize sitting on the steps. We stop a few feet in front of her and I see her head lift up slowly. I feel Ashley immediately tense under my arm.

"Katie?"

Um... Who's Katie?