The Plan

Two weeks have passed since the girls first date and the new couple couldn't be happier. The end of the school year was fast approaching and with it, one of the most exciting (or not) events to any senior. Prom. Currently, Ashley was pacing back and forth in her room, pondering on how to ask Spencer out to Prom. She wanted it to be special and she was determined to make it the best night ever. A knock on her door interrupts her pacing and she looks to the door just in time to see Kyla peak in her head in.

"Ash? You in here?," she questions before spotting her sister, a curious look on her face as she takes her in. Ashley motions the girl inside.

"What's up?" she questions. Kyla walks into the room and plops herself down onto her sisters' messy bed.

She shrugs her shoulders a little as she sprawls herself out onto the bed, used to the mess. "Nothing. I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out with me today. That is if you're not busy." She says, looking over at her sister. Ashley smiles at her younger sister as she walks over and sits down next to her.

"I'm free. Did you have anything in mind that you wanted to do today?" Kyla just shakes her head, the curious look coming back. "Not really. What were you doing before I came in here?" Ashley lets out a sigh, rubbing the back of her neck with her now cast free arm.

"I'm trying to think of a way to ask Spencer to Prom," she says with a frustrated look crossing her face.

Kyla sits up, eyes wide, "You haven't asked her to Prom yet?! What are you waiting for? You know she'll say yes if you ask her to go."

Ashley laughs, nodding her head in agreement. "Yeah, I know. But I want it to be special when I ask her. She knows I'm not into these kinds of school stuff so she's not expecting me to ask her. I wanna surprise her. You know school dances aren't really my thing but I know how important this is for Spencer so I want to surprise her." The older brunette explains as she looks over at her sister. Kyla nods in understanding, shifting to rest her head in the older girls lap. Ashley just smiles and absently starts to run her fingers through her sisters' hair. Kyla hums thoughtfully before a playful smile crosses her face.

"You know, you're such a hopeless romantic." Ashley blushes a little, a slightly embarrassed look on her face.

"I am not. Just, Spencer is special. I've never... I've never felt for someone the way I do for Spencer. It's a little scary if I'm honest." She admits quietly. Kyla's expression sobers up some at the flash of fear that crosses her sister's face. She reaches out and takes her sisters free hand in her own and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"I know it is. Especially with all that you've been through. But you know that Spencer loves you just as much. And its makes me so happy seeing how happy you are with her. It's been too long since I've seen you this way. Whatever you come up with to surprise her I know she'll love it because it's coming from you. So don't worry about it too much. Just let the ideas come to you." Kyla advises softly, a reassuring note in her voice as she looks up into the older girls eyes.

"Thanks Ky." Ashley says softly, a grateful smile crossing the brunette girls' face and she gives her sister's hand a gentle squeeze.

Kyla smiles right back, a strange sort of happiness spreading through her. "It's what I'm here for," she answers back just as softly.

The two sisters sit there for a little while longer in comfortable silence, Ashley's fingers still running gently through the girls hair. They sit there, lost in their own thoughts before Ashley straightens up quickly, a bright smile crossing her face. You could almost see the blub going off as she exclaimed, "I've got it!"

Kyla breaks out of her thoughts and looks up to her sister curiously, sitting up to look at the girl properly. "What exactly did you get?" she questions, her expression both confused and curious. Ashley looks at her sister with a bright grin across her face.