Surprise

Everything freezes as Ashley and Spencer stand in front of Katie. After just staying frozen for what felt like the longest minute ever, Katie decides to break the silence.

"H...hey Ash- Ashley" she says hesitantly, quickly correcting herself from calling the brunette girl Ash.

"What the fuck are you doing here? I thought I made it loud and clear that I didn't wanna see you." Ashley seethes. Beside her, Spencer can practically taste the anger radiating off Ashley and it just peaks her curiosity as to who this girl is.

"I...I know but I...I heard about the accident and well..." Katie trails off at the look of rage on Ashley's face. 'Maybe this wasn't such a good idea' she thinks, cringing inwardly knowing Ashley is about to explode.

"I don't fucking CARE what you heard! I want you GONE! I don't want to see you or talk to you!" Ashley shouts, ignoring the bit of pain she can feel in her side. Seeing how upset Ashley is getting and knowing her getting worked up wasn't going to help her hurt condition, Spencer decides to step in.

"Um... I think you should do what she says. She needs to rest and your being her clearly isn't helping." Spencer says to the girl politely. Katie shoots a dirty look at Spencer.

"Oh really? Who the hell are you?" Katie asks rudely, a surge of jealousy driving her words.

"She is none of your business and I swear to God if you touch her or hurt her in anyway, hurt or not, I will come find you." Ashley says darkly. A twinge of fear passes Katie's face but she quickly covers it.

"Whatever." Katie walks around them, brushing roughly against Spencer as she passes, heading toward her car.

"When she finds somebody else, you know my number Ash." Katie yells over her shoulder as she reaches her car. A pissed off Ashley and a bewildered Spencer watch Katie speed off away from the house.

"Fucking Bitch! She's lucky I haven't healed yet."

"Ash, lets just forget about her and go inside. Please." Spencer pleads. Ashley glances at Spencer and her anger fades away, her eyes softening.

"Okay." Spencer helps Ashley through the door.

"SURPRISE! Welcome Home!" The brunette's head jerks up in surprise. Scanning the room she spots Kyla, Aiden, Jacy, Jazz, Glenn, and Clay all standing there with bright smiles gracing their faces. Pushing the encounter she had not even a minute ago to the back of her mind, Ashley slowly approaches her family with a grateful smile upon her face.

"Aw. You guys...." She says as her sister walks up, pulling her into a gentle hug.

"It was Spencer's idea to throw you a little welcome home party. She really cares about you Ash." Kyla whispers into her sister's ear. Kyla pulls away and shifts to give Spencer a hug. Jacy walks over to the pair next.

"What took you guys so long anyway? Making out on the front porch" She asks teasingly. She goes to give Ashley a hug but freezes at the look of white hot anger that sweeps across her face.

"What?! What happened?!" Jacy asks worried.

Seeing that Ashley wouldn't answer, Spencer speaks up.

"Um... this girl, Katie, was sitting on the door step."

"WHAT!?" Kyla and Jacy yell out. A look of confusion crosses Aiden's face.

"Wait, Katie...Katie.. Ashley's ex?" He asks. 'Ah, so that is Ash's ex' Spencer thinks to herself, getting lost in her thoughts as the others continue to talk around her.

"The one and fucking only." Ashley gets out through gritted teeth.

"Can we not talk about this right now. I just wanna have fun with you guys, okay." Jacy gets ready to protest but the look on Ashley's face stops her. Through there was anger clearly written across her face, Jacy could see the pain and hurt deep within her best friend's eyes.