Spashley

Spencer makes it to the door. 'It's now or never.' Slowly opening the door she walks into the room, closing it behind her as she steps closer to Ashley's bed. As she comes into view, Spencer places a hand to her mouth to stop the gasp that wants to come out. 'God, Ash.' Spencer stands there for a moment in a trance, tears slowly tracking down her face.

It takes a moment before Spencer snaps out of the trance, reaching her hand up to wipe at the tears running down her face. She makes her way to the chair next to Ashley's bed and takes a seat. Reaching for Ashley's hand, Spencer brings it up and places a kiss on her knuckles.

"Jeez, Ash. I can't stand to see you like this. Everything happened in such a blur. And when I called your name and you didn't answer back, I... I thought my heart stopped beating." Spencer takes a deep breath, trying to stop the fresh bout of tears that were coming.

"It was terrifying but then I... I heard your voice and I was so happy to hear it. It meant that you didn't leave me."

"It's my fault yo... you got into the accident. I... If I hadn't been talking to you, no... none of this would of happened." Spencer's voice cracks and the tears she was trying to hold back come down like a river.

"God, I'm sorry Ash. I'm so sorry. You ha... have to wake up. Please. Because... because..." Spencer loses it and starts sobbing, heart wrenching sobs. She stops crying after a few minutes, falling into a restless slumber in the chair, still holding Ashley's hand in her own. She begins to dream.

*Dream*

Spencer's P.O.V

I look around and notice two things. One: This is so not the hospital. Two: Where the hell did my clothes go? I'm on a beach clad in a black bikini with white polka dots on it.

I walk down to the shore and look out into the ocean. I stand there for a couple minutes when I feel someone grab me from behind. I scream and try to struggle out of the person's grasp, but stop when I hear thier voice.

"Calm down, would ya?"

Oh my God!

I spin around and there she is . I swear my jaw hits the ground, eyes wide in shock. She's beautiful with the white bikini she has on. And I can't believe she's standing here, in front of me.

"Well, this wasn't the welcome I imagined. Could I at least get a hug?" I hear her say playfully. Snapping out of my shock, I run to her and jump up into her welcoming arms.

"Oh my God, Ashley!" I know she knows I'm crying, but I can't help it.

"Shh, It's okay Spence. I've got ya." She whispers in my ear, holding me tight.

"I thought I would never see you again." I mumble into her shoulder. She chuckles a little, pulling away slightly to look down at me.

"Gosh. You make it sound like I died. I'm not dead Spencer, just..." She trails off with a thoughtful look on her face. "Sleeping."

"Are you gonna wake up?" I question, scared of the answer. I feel her pull me closer to her.

"Course I will." She whispers. "I still gotta take the most beautiful girl in the world on that date I promised her." I smile into her shoulder, a blush creeping up my face.

"Oh yeah, and who is that?" I ask, looking up at her.

"Oh, just this girl I met. She's smart, funny, cute, hot and has the most amazing ocean blue eyes I have ever seen." She says, looking right into my eyes.

"And you know what else?" She asks me. I shake my head and she brings up a hand, cupping my left cheek. "She makes me wanna live again." Tears spring to my eyes and she gently brushes it away with her thumb. I feel her lean in closer. I lean in the rest of the way and our lips brush against each other. She tightens her grip around my waist and she captures my lips in a soft, loving kiss. After a minute, she pulls away and rests her forehead against mind. We're quiet for a minute before she speaks.