Trouble Finds You pt.2

"This is what I know." Paula starts.

The group of teenagers sit with baited breath for the news.

"According to the police reports, She was driving and stopped at the red light. There was another girl in the car. I heard them say her name was Jasmine Taylors. Do you guys know her?" Aiden, Spencer, and Kyla shake their heads no but Jacy averts her gaze. Paula, seeing Jacy's averted gaze, decides to push a little.

"Jacy? Do you know her?" Paula asks.

Everyone's head turns toward Jacy. Seeing all eyes on her, Jacy hesitates, giving Spencer a quick glance before talking.

"She's um... a friend.. of Ashley's." Jacy says quietly. Looking at her friends faces she knows that they got what she meant. Unfortunately she saw that Spencer did too. The hurt on her face said it all. Choosing to ignore that piece of information, Spencer turns back to her mother.

"Mom, keep going." Paula nods her head and continues.

"Well, she was starting forward when the light turned green and car smashed into hers. On her side. The guy died on impact. They say that it might have been a homicide attempt and not an accident." Gasps go around the group. They all look a little more pale than before. Kyla turns into Aiden's arms, the start of tears working down her face. Spencer feels someone take her hand and she turns to another set of teary eyes that belong to Jacy. Squeezing Jacy's hand in gratitude, she turns back to her mom.

"Right now, that's unsure. Once the police investigate more I'm sure they'll come to you, Kyla." She says, looking at the young teen. Paula lets out a heavy sigh.

"She was in pretty bad shape when she got here. The other girl's fine. Lucky really. Just a broken arm and a concussion. She's got some bruises too but nothing that won't heal. What I was able to gather on Ashley is that she has a severe concussion, some broken ribs and that she was unconscious when she got here. That's all I know. She's still in surgery." Paula finishes. They just nod their heads without saying anything. Paula stands up and turns to address the group.

"I gotta get back." She turns to her daughter and pulls her into a hug. Spencer holds on tightly for a minute before pulling away.

"I'll see you later." Spencer says quietly. Nodding Paula turns and walks out of the waiting room.

Two hours later the group still sits in the waiting room, waiting for the doctors on any news about Ashley's condition. Aiden had left a half hour ago, though it was reluctant, thanks to his job and heartless boss. He wouldn't have gone at all if he didn't need the job so bad. So he went, with a promise from Kyla that she would call him as soon as they got news on Ashley.

At the moment Kyla was pacing back and forth, not being able to sit still any longer. Spencer and Jacy were sitting next to each other, both in their own thoughts. Kyla hits her toe on the chair and gasps loudly at the sudden pain to her foot. Hopping up and down on one foot Kyla hops her way to a chair.

"You done pacing now?" Jacy asks a little in amusement. Leave it to Kyla to break the heavy silence whether it was purposeful or not. Kyla just glares at her holding her foot. Shaking her head Jacy turns to Spencer, who hadn't said a word since her mom had left them.

"Are you okay?" Jacy asks quietly, mentally smacking herself in the head for the stupid question. 'Of Course she's not okay.'

Spencer just shakes her head. It's quiet for a little before Spencer turns toward Jacy and Kyla to speak.

"She asked me out." Spencer says quietly. Kyla and Jacy's heads snap up to stare at Spencer in surprise.

"She what?" Kyla asks. She couldn't help but ask the question. Spencer nods her head.

"Yeah, before she got... got into the accident, she was talking to me. An... And she asked me to a dinner and movie. Just the two of us. And then I... I just heard th... this crash... and..." Spencer chokes back a sob and Jacy pulls Spencer into a hug.

"Hey, she's gonna be okay. You just watch. She'll be up in no time and then you guys can go on that date she asked you to go on."

As Spencer pulls away from Jacy, a doctor walks into the waiting room.

"Family of Ashley Davies."

"That's us!" Kyla practically jumps out of her chair. The doctor makes his way to the three girls, a grim look on his face. 'God, this is never easy.'

"Hello, my name is Dr. Johnson. I'm the doctor working on Ashley. " Looking around he realizes something.

"Um... is there no parent I could talk to?" Kyla shakes her head sadly.

"Uh... no. There's not. But I'm her sister. I hope that's enough." The doctor just nods his head.

"Yes, of course. Anyways, It's gonna be rough. We just managed to get her stabilized. Ashley was in critical condition when she got here. From what was reported from the EMT's, she had to be revived once on the ride here. And we had to revive her again in surgery. She has four broken ribs, one that has pierced her lung. There was a lot of internal bleeding. It took some work but we were able to get it under control. She broke her left arm in two places. They were clean breaks so once it heals it shouldn't cause her any long term problems. Now the thing that has us the most worried is the severe hit to her head. As of now she's..." Dr. Johnson trails off as he hears the nurse paging him.

"Dr. Johnson, code blue in trauma one! Dr. Johnson, cold blue trauma one."

"Oh no. Please excuse me." Dr. Johnson turns around and sprints toward trauma one.

"Wait!" Spencer yells, running after him.

"SPENCER!" Jacy yells, running after her, Kyla not far behind.

Dr. Johnson, not knowing he has followers, reaches the room and starts barking orders.

Spencer reaches the door and freezes when she sees who it is. Lifting a hand to her mouth with tears in her eyes, she barely gets out her next sentence.

"Oh my god. Ashley." Kyla and Jacy come to a stop behind Spencer, freezing in their spots as well. The last thing Spencer hears is:

"CLEAR!"