Get to Know You or Not

Ashley pulls up in the parking lot to the beach.

"Hey Spence, we're here." Spencer opens her eyes and turns to Ashley with a smile.

"Let's Go" Getting out of the car, the two girls make their way down towards the shore. Reaching it, they take their shoes and socks off and let the water gently lap at their feet as they walk along the shore in an awkward silence. Ashley takes a breath and tries to break the silence.

"So, Did you enjoy yourself tonight?" Ashley asks glancing at Spencer. Spencer looks at her, happy that one of them broke the silence.

"Yeah. I loved it! You guys were so awesome. Did you really write those songs yourself?" Spencer gushes. Ashley blushes a little at the excited look on Spencer's face. 'God. Now the girl's got me blushin.'

"Yeah, I did."

"That's cool. I really liked them. So, um... how long have you guys been a band?" The girls reach the pier and sit in the sand, facing each other.

"Uh... about three years now. I met Jacy in second grade and we've been best friends ever since. She's basically my big sister. She's always been there for me. And I've known the dork since middle school. He's like the brother I never had." Spencer giggles at Ashley's nickname for Aiden.

"So..." Ashley starts, a grin starting on her face. "What's the what about Spencer Carlin?"

"Well," Spencer starts. "I'm from a small town in Ohio. We moved here because of reasons I'd rather not say." Spencer says , face sad before shaking it off. Ashley notices this and as much as she wants to know the reasons, she doesn't ask. 'I've never seen a girl so sad before.'

"Um... I have two brothers. One I totally love, Clay and the stupid jock one is Glen but I still love him." Spencer says giggling. "My dad is a social worker and my mom works at the hospital. My dad is the best cook I've ever known and I love cooking with him. I was in a relationship before coming here but it just wasn't working so we decided to be friends."

"And does this friend have a name?" Ashley asks with a grin. Spencer returns it with one of her own.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Ashley chuckles at the answer.

"Well, Miss Spencer Carlin. Looks like I have my work cut out for me."

"Well, Miss Ashley Davies," Spencer mimics Ashley with a smile on her face.

"So do I. I'm gonna find out the mystery that is Ashley Davies." Ashley smirks at that.

"Oh, Will you?" She says with an evil grin on her face.

"Ash..." Before Spencer can finish her sentence, Ashley is attacking her into a tickle fight.

"Ahh..." Spencer yelps in surprise, laughing trying to squirm away from Ashley's tickling fingers. Wiggling out of her grasp, Spencer jumps up and takes off running. Ashley gets up and gives chase, both girls giggling and laughing. Ashley catches up to Spencer and tackles her to the ground.

"Got ya!" As they fall to the ground, Ashley braces their fall with an arm around Spencer's waist and the other out in front of her so she wouldn't crush Spencer with her weight. Hovering over Spencer, Ashley looks down still laughing with her as Spencer looks up. All laughing stops as their eyes lock. They stare into each others eyes for what seems like hours.
Unconsciously, Ashley starts to lean down as Spencer shifts up a little. The ringing of Ashley's phone snaps them out of the trance. Jumping off Spencer and putting some distance between them, Ashley hastily answers her phone looking at everything but Spencer.

"H-Hello?" Ashley stutters. 'Damnit!'

"Ash. You okay?" Ashley takes a deep breath and lets it out before talking again.